Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2022 C-USA Bowl Games

Add topic

Rick said

The Bahamas may be hot but the offense is not.

UAB up 10-6 at the half.
Posted On: Dec 16th 2022, 1:24 PM #411377
UAB truly handicapped with McBride not playing, Miami (OH) has decent run D.

A little personal side note regarding Miami (OH). My nephew played center there in the early 70s and made MAC All Conference as was only center in league could handle and control no one less than Jack Lambert in his days at Kent St.

My nephew was an undersized lineman but his quickness served him well vs. Lambert.  My nephew was an All-City RB in Chicago at Fenger HS nicknamed "the flash" but when he got home from his first practices at Miami (OH) he was shocked at how big and fast they ALL were at that level! Thus his move to OL after a year. They finished his senior season with Miami (OH) beating Florida in the '73 Tangerine Bowl which was moved from Orlando to Florida Field for that year to suit UF playing in the game!
Back to the top

Un ugly game but UAB pulls it out late 24-20, congrats Blazers. CUSA starts out 1-0, 5 more to go.
Back to the top

Yeah, they are fortunate to win that one.
Back to the top

UTSA just trying to give this game away aren't they?

Lost track of all the turnovers at this point, 4 or 5.
Back to the top

UTSA embarrassed themselves and the Conference! Look awful even when not turning the ball over 5 times.

IDIOTIC penalties over and over finished them off, NOT Troy!

And have NEVER been impressed with Harris. His idea of putting air under the ball reminds me more of a punt!

Congrats to Troy, but UTSA gifted ya that game! CUSA drops to 1-1,
Back to the top

UTSA scores the first 12 points, and that's it for the offense.

Troy forces five turnovers and takes the Cure Bowl 18-12.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

UTSA embarrassed themselves and the Conference! Look awful even when not turning the ball over 5 times.

IDIOTIC penalties over and over finished them off, NOT Troy!

And have NEVER been impressed with Harris. His idea of putting air under the ball reminds me more of a punt!

Congrats to Troy, but UTSA gifted ya that game! CUSA drops to 1-1,

Posted On: Dec 16th 2022, 6:57 PM #411385

We beat Troy 2 times in all our years in the sun belt.  FAU's lifetime record against Troy is 2-8. 
Back to the top

Well according to the NCAA football video game, Troy is our only other rival besides FIU
Back to the top

Very true Voss but how do ya hold a team to 169 TOTAL yards and LOSE???

OH yeah, don't turn the ball over 5 times and commit over 100 yards in penalties. UTSA looked and acted SO Undisciplined!!!!

And Troy and MTSU both own us!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Very true Voss but how do ya hold a team to 169 TOTAL yards and LOSE???

OH yeah, don't turn the ball over 5 times and commit over 100 yards in penalties. UTSA looked and acted SO Undisciplined!!!!

And Troy and MTSU both own us!
Posted On: Dec 17th 2022, 7:26 AM #411391

And Marshall too
Back to the top
Control functions: