Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU Unveils New Court Designs

Add topic

Re: FIU Unveils New Court Designs

Aqualung said

dusky256fc said

Aqualung said

That is a nice court.  Don't pay attention to what the FAU fans say on here.  When you think of Miami, you think of South Beach, the ocean, the night life, etc….  When you think of Boca, all you can think of is old farts in scooters, ugly condos and of course $$.  Thats why they call Boca heavens waiting room.  Also, I would rather drive a little further for the beaches in Miami than those in Boca.

Coming from someone that knows absolutely nothing about which he is spewing about, like most of his comments.

I lived in Boca for about 30 years and been to the beach many times.  My parents still live there and I have been to the beaches many times in Boca (spanish river/40th street, Palmetto).  All I am saying is that when you think of Boca, you do not think of the beach, college sports, etc.  More kids are swayed to Miami due to the nightlife, beaches, beautiful people, etc.

If you lived in Boca and don't think of the beach you obviously did not grow up the same way I did.  I have lived here my entire life and spent a large percentage of that time on and in the water and on the beach.    I will give you the college sports issue but that is exactly what everyone on this board is trying to change, it doesn't happen overnight.

As far as beautiful people are concerned I would put Boca up against almost any city or once again maybe you and I grew up in different parts of town.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I grew up and went through HS and College living in Lauderdale and never once did myself or my friends even think of going to the beach in Miami (that would be Miami Beach anyhow actually). Nitelife and other interests like the Dolphins yes, the beach NEVER. And I still think of either the Dolphins or Miami Vice primarily, maybe Little Cuba too - GREAT food!
Back to the top

352Owl said

I want this.

Well, this basically IS our design right now. We've got the huge owl in center (instead of FAU's name, though that's on the football field) with the painted rectangle around the court that also says the team name.

Ohio State does know how to get people's attention though in a classy way so I think it was a good model for our design.
Back to the top

I agree with Dusky. I didn't grow up down here, from NY originally, but I've been down here for 14 years and I would definitely associate Boca with the beach. I think what Aqua is trying to say in a roundabout way, is that when Boca is associated with old people. But, in reality that's not the case. Yeah there's some old people here but there's also a ton of young people.

You don't think Boca has beautiful people? Sit in the Breezway at FAU during a busy time of the year when school is in session and count the amount of times you have to pick your jaw up off the floor because one girl after another is gorgeous! After all FAU does stand for Fine Ass University

Same thing with the Town Center. Sit in those seats by the fountains and face the front entrance. So many attractive women that come through those doors and so many more that work inside the mall

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Shouldn't they worry more about finding a new coach than the design of their court? lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Its 2:11 PM on Friday April 12th….

And FIU still sucks.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

It would look better w/out the trees that's my only gripe other than that it is decent
Back to the top

It's 5:00 somewhere, some place and at that place, someone still thinks FIU sucks.
Back to the top

Tim said

It's 5:00 somewhere, some place and at that place, someone still thinks FIU sucks.

lol this made me laugh
Back to the top

pikepanther said

Tim said

lol this made me laugh

I am glad you were able to see that it was said in jest…it's nice when people can laugh at themselves!
Back to the top
Control functions: