Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 C-USA Baseball Championship

Add topic

The Owls have been taking advantage of their baserunners in any fashion possible, with 9 runs on 7 hits. This might just be the funniest way they'll bring home a run today.
Back to the top

The bullpen has been able to rest easy knowing Javi Rivera is handling most of the innings. If Javi can go the distance, that would be HUGE in preserving the bullpen arms for later on in the tournament.
Back to the top

Ever since the third inning, pitching and defense have been a HUGE part of the story for the Owls. They've held that powerful Charlotte offense off the board for the most part, allowing just one run since then. They allowed the offense to build that lead.
Back to the top

Same story, new inning. The Owls are maintaining that lead. Adrien Reese now takes the mound in the 9th to close it off.
Back to the top

My vote for most improved pitcher.....javi Rivera
Back to the top

Hold on to your horses, fellas, we got a game on Friday. Adrien Reese had a bit of a rough time in the bottom of the 9th, giving up four of the five UNCC runs, but Dante Visconti is able to get the last two outs and secure the victory.
Back to the top

The losers bracket is a long and winding road.
Back to the top

It was win-or-go-home for the FAU Baseball team, and win they did, sending top-seeded Charlotte home with a 9-8 victory. The Owls were holding on to a 9-3 lead for the latter half of the game, but a five-run ninth inning put the 49ers within striking distance. Now, the Owls live to see another day, awaiting the loser of Old Dominion vs Middle Tennessee.

The Rundown
  • The Owls' offense was the main focal point of their victory, notching 11 hits, a .309 batting average, five walks, and three hit by pitches.
  • Javi Rivera had a dominant outing, allowing just three runs, nine hits, and two walks while striking out nine batters in eight innings.
  • Nolan Schanuel left the game after taking a pitch to the wrist, he is yet to be evaluated and he's questionable for the Owls' upcoming game.
  • FAU made the most of their opportunities with runners on base, hitting .316 with runners on, .308 with runners in scoring position, and .333 with the bases loaded.
  • Owl batters started off innings with a hit at a .556 clip (5-9), in contrast, Owl pitching allowed Charlotte to start off with a hit just 4-9 times (.444).

"Nothing really changed, we were able to get a big hit today, which we didn't do yesterday. McGowan wasn't at his best, he's an All-Conference guy and he wasn't at his best today. The big hit gave us some breathing room and made the guys feel good about themselves and then two innings later we scored three, we capitalized on some of their errors." -Head Coach John McCormack

The Owls will be back in action in Ruston tomorrow in another win-or-go-home scenario against the loser of ODU vs MTSU. First pitch will be at 4:00 pm and the game will be broadcast on ESPN+.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: HERE
Back to the top

Just a quick side-note, our good pal Jack Whidden III will be filling in for me tomorrow because I'll be in the air on my way to Colorado, but I'll be back on the beat on Saturday if the Owls win. I'll be repping the Owls from my flight… Go Owls!
Back to the top

FINAL:

ODU 10  MTSU 6

Owls will take on the Blue Raiders tomorrow at 4:00 PM in an elimination game.
Back to the top
Control functions: