Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 C-USA Baseball Championship

Add topic

A BIG TIME double play keeps the Owls ahead despite an MTSU threat.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

I knew when they brought Zoz back out for another inning that we were going to tattoo them, and…we did….

LOL
Back to the top

And we'll take some insurance!

Back to the top

OWLS WIN!

FAU survives and advances to the semifinals!

Back to the top

Coach McCormack hints that Sam Drumheller will start tomorrow's semifinal contest vs. Old Dominion.

Back to the top

We brought the sticks today. Nice to see coach have confidence in Allen to close it out. He did a great job. Let just win the next one and keep going.
Back to the top

Owls Continue Run in C-USA Tournament

Florida Atlantic uses an offensive explosion to overcome Middle Tennessee 14-8. The dramatic win saw five lead changes and nine unanswered FAU runs. The win keeps the Owls' season alive as FAU earns a date with Old Dominion tomorrow morning in the semifinals.

The Rundown

• A day after recording 11 hits on a stout Charlotte pitching staff, FAU knocks a season-high 20 hits tonight for the most hits in the C-USA Tournament since Rice hit for the same number against Houston in 2010.
  • FAU's five home runs also set a new program season-high. The Owls have hit four homers on a pair of occasions, against UCF in the second game of the season and vs. Seton Hall a week later.
  • The Owls made the most of their run-scoring opportunities, stranding only five runners on base. Five out of eight inning opening at bats saw an Owl on base, and only two were stranded.
  • Once they took the lead in the seventh inning, Middle Tennessee inserted David Zoz into the contest. The All-Conference first team relief pitcher is considered one of the best closers in C-USA. After giving up just 12 runs all season, the senior stud gave up eight tonight to the Owls.

"When I saw him (David Zoz) jog down there and they took the three run lead.. I was nervous. I though 'oh my God' because I would've done the same thing. He's the best closer in the conference, and it's do-or-die, so get him in the game as soon as possible. And they did, so I cannot believe that (the eight runs) happened." -FAU Head Coach John McCormack.

The Owls will play Old Dominion in the C-USA semifinals tomorrow morning at 10. FAU will need to beat the Monarchs twice in order to reach the final Sunday.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: HERE

Back to the top

Wow what an exciting game. Fwiw - my buddy from jersey watched the game because he bet on it. He was certainly impressed!

Bats working at the right time. At this point no one has pitching left, which works in our favor.

Best case scenario for the conference is us winning the tournament and we will have five teams make it t9 regionals: us, usm, la tech, Charlotte, and odu.

Can the Owls work some magic?!?!?

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

…my buddy from jersey watched the game because he bet on it. He was certainly impressed!
Posted On: May 28th 2021, 9:09 PM #402294

Had no idea people bet on college baseball?!
Back to the top

FAU Looks to Take Two From Old Dominion

What:      (5) Florida Atlantic vs. (4) Old Dominion

When:     Sat, May 29th at 10:00 AM

Where:    Ruston, LA | J.C. Love Field at Pat Patterson Park

Stream:   ESPN+

Stats:      Here

Projected Pitchers:

FAU - RHP Braden Ostrander (1-2, 3.38)
ODU - LHP Tommy Gertner (2-1, 4.47)

In a change of plans to what was originally forecast, Coach McCormack has tapped RHP Braden Ostrander for the hill in game one of a hopeful double-header against the Monarchs on Saturday. Ostrander threw a frame in Norfolk allowing one hit to accompany three Monarch strikeouts in the Owls' lone regular season series win back in April.

Old Dominion will toss LHP Tommy Gertner out of the gate. Gertner went 3.2 innings against the Owls earlier in the season, giving up one run on three hits, while setting down four FAU batters.
Back to the top
Control functions: