Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 FAU Baseball in the Polls

Add topic

In agree. Coach has more of an idea who can do what . Also, all these Florida schools can hit. We haven't played any weak teams. Pitching has been good enough to win.
Back to the top

Hey I respect u guys positive outlook.  I'm just still on the fence.  8 run leads shouldn't be worrisome.  I'm just concerned if we can be consistent and deep enough when we start playing conference 4 game weekends.  
Back to the top

No doubt  we've had way better rotations and relievers. This staff had been good enough to win. Mostly because this is one of the best offensive team in a long time. All that said, tournament are won on the pitchers mound. Hopefully we can improve and get more consistent. What drives me crazy, and I'm sure coach also, is having a reliever come on and just get blown out. Makes you question yourself the next time you need that pitcher again. The teams in Omaha  will all have said pitching staffs  
Back to the top

We will get better over time, and are still missing a couple key cogs...to be doing what we are doing while really not putting our best product out there on the hill so far is actually impressive IMHO...but agree with the notion that we will still need to outhit the opponent. Good thing is, we are VERY good there - the FGCU flat contest aside.
Back to the top

Owls dropped out of the polls this week, but are still receiving votes.

That said, after tonight's game at UCF (L) which I was waiting on the outcome for, going to need a SWEEEP this weekend against USF it would appear to continue to command any attention.
Back to the top

Obviously we are not in the polls, but it is worth noting that both Charlotte and Old Dominion are now in the Top 25 for C-USA:

(14) Louisiana Tech
(22) Old Dominion
(23) Charlotte

We just didn't get over the hump against the 49ers, wasted too many opportunities, and still think that series could have easily been 2-2. But ODU is deserving. They are a good club.
Back to the top

3 CUSA teams ranked is awesome.

Can you believe neither FAU nor southern miss are ranked and we have 3 teams ranked? Did not expect that!

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

I agree. But you don't get ranked on past performance. This season has been a huge let down. We MUST do something with our pitching staff. If we don't,  no matter how many runs we score, we will be a middle of the pack C-USA team.
Back to the top
Control functions: