Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 FAU Baseball Media Day

Add topic

Baseball Media Day Kicks Off Owls' Season

After a long pause, Florida Atlantic baseball will travel to Orlando on Friday for the 2021 season opener against UCF. The Owls were tapped as the top team in C-USA East in the conference preseason poll, voted on by the league's coaches. Media Day will give Head Coach John McCormack a chance to justify the respect his counterparts have in his own program.

A once promising 2020 season was cut short due to the beginning stages of the COVID-19 outbreak. FAU finished the season with a 10-6 record, including a convincing 11-2 win over #6 Miami. By the season's shorted end, the team had the seventh toughest schedule in the nation thanks to a five straight games against top-10 opponents.

We will be providing live coverage of FAU Baseball's 2021 Media Day to prepare you all for the upcoming season.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

This is th r time of year that makes mne smile. Can't wait
Back to the top

We're getting a shot at CF Jackson Wenstrom and new SP Javier Rivera before we see Coach Mac.

Back to the top

Jackson looks ripped out of his mind. His addition to the football team surely must have helped.

Back to the top

Expect Javi Rivera to immediately be injected into the weekend pitching rotation. The Junior from Indian River State College was hyping up Mitchel Hartigan's ability to be clutch and versatile.  

Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

Jackson looks ripped out of his mind. His addition to the football team surely must have helped.
Posted On: Feb 15th 2021, 11:59 AM #400569

Cross training is a wonderful thing
Back to the top

Coach Mac has his weekend rotation set up, but he said changes should be expected.

Back to the top

LawOwl said

Cross training is a wonderful thing
Posted On: Feb 15th 2021, 12:34 PM #400571

Coach Mac said that the type of conditioning will be different between the sports, but that does not mean that the football side doesn't have any benefits.

Back to the top

The rotation is never etched in stone. I've heard good things but I hear those things every year. We have quality players. Now they simply need to perform.  First two gamnes will be a test. We will have some answers real quick.
Back to the top

When asked who he would call on if he needs a walkoff homer to send the team to the CWS, Coach Mac quickly answed with Omaha native Bobby Morgensen.

Back to the top
Control functions: