2021 SERIES THREAD: FAU vs UM - March 9th & 23rd and May 18th
.@TJ_Stuart has left the game with an injury after just one inning of play, @adrien_reese23 comes in to replace him. 😕— FAU Owl's Nest (@FAU_Owls_Nest) March 23, 2021
Hoping it was nothing serious and wishing you the best, TJ! 🙏#UM 4 - #FAU 0 | T2 pic.twitter.com/UfIktKcznJ
- Both Jacob Josey and TJ Stuart are out for the season with injuries. Stuart left the game in the top of the second inning after allowing three hits, a walk, five runs, and one earned run, striking out three batters.
- Nicholas Toney was DOMINANT tonight. He hit 2-3 with 3 RBIs and a home run.
- Nolan Schanuel is now tied for the team lead in home runs with four. He hit 2-4 with 2 RBIs and a home run.
- Thomas Haggerty didn't allow a single baserunner in his one-inning appearance.
- The Owls bullpen went five innings without allowing a run after the Hurricanes scratched across all 14 of their runs in the first four innings.
"We don't throw enough strikes, we're always behind, and we're always putting the opponents in really good hitting position." - Head Coach John McCormack
The Owls will be back in action on Friday, March 26 against the Marshall Thundering Herd. First pitch will be at 5:00 p.m. and the game will be broadcast on C-USA TV.
UPDATED SCHEDULE: HERE
What: Florida Atlantic (29-23, 18-14) vs. Miami (29-16, 17-15)
When: Tues., May 18th at 6:00 PM
Where: Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field
Video: ACC Network Extra, via WatchESPN *Subscription Required
Live Stats: Here
UM Team Site: Here
Series: The Hurricanes have stretched their all-time series lead to 66-19 following their two victories over the Owls earlier this season.
Projected Starting Pitchers:
FAU - LHP Adrien Reese (first start)
UM - RHP Alex McFarlane (2-1, 4.50)
Florida Atlantic will close their regular season against a familiar foe: the Miami Hurricanes. The Owls have faced the Hurricanes a total of 85 times going into Tuesday's matchup, more than any other non-conference opponent in FAU program history.
The Owls head to Coral Gables having split a four-game set against then-No.19 Southern Mississippi. FAU won the opening and closing game of the series 3-1 and 9-6, respectively. Game Four on Sunday was especially dramatic as the Owls were down 5-1 in the seventh inning before scoring eight unanswered.
FAU landed the No. 5 seed in the upcoming C-USA Championship next week, and a first-round date with Old Dominion.
Miami completes their non-conference schedule with the Owls having one the previous two matchups 11-2 and 14-9, respectively.
The Canes have won five of their last six, including a sweep over Appalachian State and taking two of three from Georgia Tech. UM is currently third in their division within the ACC.
Christian Del Castillo leads Miami with a .377 average (third best in the ACC) while his younger brother Adrian is batting .305. The siblings have a combined seven homers and 75 RBI.