Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2024 FAU Baseball Schedule | News

Add topic

2024 FAU Baseball Schedule

* All dates and times are subject to change given weather and other unforeseen events
Back to the top

Media Day set for the 24th, we'll be there in full effect  :Yawn:

Back to the top

Any initial thoughts on the team?
Back to the top

Richard and new TON staff member Robbie Lastella will be doing deep dives into this overall topic after media day but here are my (early) personal thoughts…

We're in search of a Friday replacement and have brought in some new guys. But my money is on CJ Smith taking on that role. Nick DelPrado could be in store for another starter position. Some new guys are in, and there will likely be some trial to discover the remainder and establish and confirm (Drumheller, Martzolf) positional roles (mid, long relief) outside of the main guys. Bottom line (at this point) we should be in a better place consistency wise from a rotational standpoint.

I like incoming freshman pitcher Kide Adetuyi. He could be a solid contributor. Coach Mac doesn't usually go with newcomers for significant roles but to me he has some upside based on his stuff.

On the offensive side, we obviously have A LOT to replace and there is no question that Nolan Schanuel 2.0 is not on the roster. What does that mean? It means that pitching must get better to offset the offense driving outcomes as it did last year, and some of the new positional guys need to step up and establish themselves at the plate.

Christian Adams, Spencer Rich, and Daulton Frank are candidates that can help this quest out of the gate.

From a competition standpoint, we will actually see a slight decline in the level of overall league play. Below are the remaining AAC teams 2023 RPI metrics compared to the incoming CUSA teams, of which FAU is a part of:

26 East Carolina
67 Charlotte (CUSA)
75 UTSA (CUSA)
79 FAU (CUSA)
108 Wichita State
142 Memphis
158 Tulane
161 USF
167 Rice (CUSA)
190 UAB (CUSA)

The Owls land at 4, while they also left at 4 but had DBU as the leader (13) which has been replaced by ECU.

Back to the top

Thanks for the update. †Pitching is key. †We need to find a dominant dependable pitcher.
Back to the top

I am also expecting Schroeder to step up. He had a real nice season last year.

Dylan Oborne healthy?

† † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † †† ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

I am also expecting Schroeder to step up. He had a real nice season last year.

Dylan Oborne healthy?
Posted On: Jan 14th 2024, 9:06 AM #420193

He has competition behind the plate, but in hitting yes, for sure…
Back to the top

Just about ready for Media Day, as we wait on Coach Mac and the players!

Back to the top

Coach Mac is not worried about losing Nolan Schanuel, being confident in what the new guys will bring to the table to replace the production of Schanuel and other departed starters!

Back to the top

Rick said

I like incoming freshman pitcher Kide Adetuyi. He could be a solid contributor. Coach Mac doesn't usually go with newcomers for significant roles but to me he has some upside based on his stuff
Posted On: Jan 12th 2024, 10:22 PM #420181

Spoke to Coach Mac today and he confirmed my suspicions.

However, he also shared that Adetuyi had to undergo surgery and will not play this season.

:Crying2:

Back to the top
Control functions: