Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2024 FAU Baseball Schedule | News

Add topic

This was the weakest team that I've witnessed.  Just like a college football team will not be successful without a quality qb, a college baseball team won't be successful without quality pitching. The competition for quality pitching is ridiculous. Not sure how or if FAU can correct such a deficit.  Other teams in the AAC have deep staffs. We will need to improve to compete with them.
Back to the top

How long have you been avidly following FAU baseball Local?
Back to the top

2010 . I did the walk on try outs in 1981. Realized a pretty good high school player is a pretty bad college player.
Back to the top

:Laughing:

Wow, you tried out, that's so cool!
Back to the top

Below is a very interesting video  of Tulane recruiting.

Being they just destroyed us twice, makes it imperative FAU actually UPGRADES Facilities!! And not just pretty it up!!!!

Back to the top

We can't afford it. We're broke. We just spent hard earned money on some ot the most  useless improvements imaginable. I've joke about this for years, we use portable toilets. We have high school facilities. That is why I give coach Mac so much credit. He can field  a team that competes with zero support  Bottom line….we're broke
Back to the top

The upgrades weíve recently made in baseball fall into the following two buckets:
- for the players, which cost some dough, and the players immensely enjoy. This would go towards the recruiting aspect in the above.
- for the fans, which was directly earmarked by donors/sponsors in the fashion used, and did not cost much.

That Tulane baseball facility is SEC-level. Blows Miami out of the water, for example. We need improvements to the stands and add bathrooms, but the above is over the top and unnecessary.

† † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † †† ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

I think the Berman Zone was a very limited cost….the indoor facility they have been talking about needing for years.

They did the walls, backstop, and lines padding, and the lights as well.

Back to the top
Control functions: