Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SERIES THREAD: FAU vs. FGCU - February 23 & March 5, 7 & 30, 2021

Add topic

OWLS WIN!

Eagles juiced the bases with just one out in the ninth, but Mike Entenza said THOU SHALL NOT PASS!

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

We're all pretty pumped right now, but nobody is more pumped than Mikey!

Back to the top

The Owls shut down the FGCU Eagles, as they take a 3-1 victory to move to 3-1 on the season! The Owls bullpen pitched a gem following a solid three innings of work from Brader Ostrander.

The Rundown

• Braden Ostrander pitched well in his first collegiate start, allowing just three hits and one run in three innings of work. That one run would be FGCU's lone run of the ballgame.
  • Adrien Reese showed flashes of greatness in his 2.1 innings of work. He only allowed three hits and didn't allow a single run while striking out a batter.
  • Bobby Morgensen had the Owls' biggest hit of the night, smashing a two-run shot in the top of the third inning to put FAU up 3-1, a score that would stand.
  • The Owls minimized their defensive issues from Sunday's game, not recording a single error in Tuesday's win over FGCU.
  • FAU had a tough time driving runners home tonight, as 10 runners were left stranded on base for the Owls.
  • Mike Entenza was stuck in a bases loaded, one out scenario to close the game out, and he delivered. He got a strikeout to get the second out, then got the third out after a strange call that involved a ground ball that deflected off of the batter's leg for the final out of the game.
FAU will return to Boca Raton to play Seton Hall on Friday, Feb. 27. Frist pitch will be at 6:30 p.m. and the game will be broadcast on C-USA TV.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: Here
Back to the top

Score was low due to ostrander having a good outing and fgcu had a reliever do a nice job. Our bull pen make it interesting. Three and one. Good start.
Back to the top

Owls Baseball Races Across Alligator Alley to face FGCU

What: Florida Atlantic vs. Florida Gulf Coast

When: Friday, March 5 at 5 PM, Boca Raton
           Saturday, March 6 at 5 PM, Fort Myers
           Sunday, March 7 at 2 PM, Boca Raton

Where: FAU Baseball Stadium
            Swanson Stadium

Video:  At FAU: CUSA.tv *Subscription Required
            At FGCU: YouTube

Live Stats: Here

FGCU Team Site: Here

Projected Starting Pitchers:

FGCU - RHP Mason Studstill (0-0, 2.19)
FAU - RHP Jackson Spiller (0-0, 6.14)

FAU - RHP Javi Rivera (0-0, 13.50)
FGCU - LHP Mason Miller (0-0, 5.68)

FGCU - RHP Ronaldo Gallo (1-0, 2.00)
FAU - LHP Matt Sparling (1-0, 3.27)

Back to the top

Weather looking iffy over here on West coast for Saturday.  

Any update on Josey, and what is up with Dylan O'Connell, is he going to play this season.  
Back to the top

Bobby Morgensen misses his third game in a row with a lower leg contusion, Jacob Josey misses his second straight start with an undisclosed injury. Both remain day-to-day as of right now.

Back to the top

The No. 21 Owls are looking to keep their five-game winning steak going!!! Eagles got a man on first with two outs following a two-out single from Joe Kinker.

Back to the top

Roscoeowl said

Any update on Josey
Posted On: Mar 5th 2021, 10:28 AM #400933

Josey is day to day… 
Back to the top

FGCU right fielder Ian Farrow just made an outstanding diving play to end the third inning and keep the Owls at one hit… Jackson Spiller has 47 pitches and allowed four hits through three innings.

Back to the top
Control functions: