Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SERIES THREAD: FAU vs. Seton Hall - February 26-28, 2021

Add topic

OWLS WIN! FAU moves to 4-1 on the year thanks to five run sixth inning.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

The FAU Owls move to 4-1 on the season as they defeat the Seton Hall Pirates by a score of 6-2. The bats came to life on Friday night, as the Owls scored five runs in the sixth inning to put themselves ahead 6-1, ultimately winning the game.

The Rundown
  • Jackson Spiller pitched well in place for Jacob Josey, who was scratched from his start. He went five innings, struck out four batters, and allowed just three hits, one walk, and a single run.
  • Bobby Morgensen hit a home run for the second straight game. His huge homer was part of a five-run inning for the Owls.
  • B.J. Murray was solid at the plate. He went 1-3 with two walks and the triple that started the sixth inning rally.
  • Brock Helverson looks to be a nice back of the bullpen piece for the Owls. He had his second straight solid outing, going two innings and allowing two hits and a run with three strikeouts. Those two hits would've been erased if it wasn't for a missed strike three on a full count by the umpire, accounting for his lone walk.
  • Sam Low made a beautiful play from second base to end the top of the eighth after coming in to replace Steven Loden. He may be in the starting lineup tomorrow according to Coach McCormack.

"That's what you expect from him. He's got really good power from both sides of the plate, he's an amazing defender. So, I'm happy, he played well." -head coach John McCormack on B.J. Murray.

FAU will play the Seton Hall Pirates again on Saturday, Feb. 27. First pitch will be at 4 p.m. and the game will be broadcast on C-USA TV.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: HERE
Back to the top

It's a bit toasty, but it'll end up being a gorgeous late afternoon for some Owls baseball!

Back to the top

We're getting ready to get things going here in Boca Raton for game two of this three-game series against Seton Hall. Here are today's starters.

FAU
1. SS Wilfredo Alvarez
2. 3B B.J. Murray
3. 1B Nolan Schanuel
4. RF Bobby Morgensen
5. LF Mitchell Hartigan
6. 2B Sam Low
7. DH Jared DeSantolo
8. C Caleb Pendleton
9. CF Jackson Wenstrom

SP: Javi Rivera

Seton Hall
1. RF Jerry Huntzinger
2. CF Tyler Shedler-McAvoy
3. 1B Matt Toke
4. 3B Casey Dana
5. SS Steve Grober
6. DH Thomas Holdorf
7. C Collin Sheehan
8. 2B Alex Clyde
9. LF Will Gale

SP: Nick Payero
Back to the top

It's hot outside, but the bats are hotter this afternoon. Here are today's starters.

Back to the top

B.J. Murray gets the Owls' second home run of the game as we're in the midst of a five-run inning. Owls still got the bases loaded with one out.

Back to the top

Wilfredo Alvarez caps off an eight-run inning with a two-run single, but they're in a pickle here in the top of the fourth. Pirates already have six runs this inning and they're looking for more with runners on first and second and two outs. 9-6 FAU.

Back to the top

Matt Toke hits a three-run double to tie the game for Seton Hall. The score is now 9-9 after a nine-run inning for the Pirates.
Back to the top

Wow, what a rough inning. Feel bad for Javi, who was throwing some good stuff for a while.

Back to the top

Just logged on to fauowlsnest.  Basketball and baseball winning. Feel a good that we have serious athletics.  Proud to be an owl
Back to the top
Control functions: