Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SERIES THREAD: FAU @ UAB - April 16-18, 2021

Add topic

The FAU Baseball team continues to struggle, dropping nine of their last 11 games. They did manage a rare victory in the first of the two games of this doubleheader, with a late Steven Loden homerun propelling them to victory.

The Rundown
  • Steven Loden had a breakout performance in today's doubleheader, hitting 3-5 with a home run and an RBI.
  • In the first game, the Owls struck out 10 times, but they did rebound from their strikeout issue in game two of the doubleheader, only striking out once.
  • FAU hit a combined 9-48 (.187) over the course of the doubleheader, while UAB hit 10-46 (.217)
  • Sam Drumheller had his first appearance as a closer his season and made quick work of it, retiring all three batters he faced, striking one out, and earning the save in game one of the doubleheader.
  • FAU committed four combined errors while UAB committed none. Three of those errors came in the first inning of game two and arguably cost them the game.

"We've been waiting for Steven all year, he had a really good preseason, his BPs were really good, we gave him an opportunity early and he struggled and Sam Low kinda jumped in there and did a good job. Watching Steven and watching his BP and talking to Steven, I just thought the time was right and he's certainly played well and I hope it continues." -Head Coach John McCormack on Steven Loden's emergence

The Owls will look to salvage the series in game four, when they take on the UAB Blazers at 12:30.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: HERE

Back to the top

@Colby guy,  your doing a great job. Keep it up. I'm trying to stay excited about the team. I think the short comings of this team are obvious.  Coach mac has brought in some amazing young players . But the development of out young arms have fallen short. Not sure why ,as this was almost a given in years past.
Back to the top

After dropping nine of their last 11, the Owls are looking to get back in the win column today. They look to salvage the series after dropping two of the first three.

Back to the top

Javi Rivera is looking good through three innings. No baserunners and two strikeouts. It's time for the bats to give him some support.

Back to the top

Coach Mac is using an unorthodox lineup featuring both Shane Magrann and Caleb Pendleton, using two catchers while giving Nick Toney a day off. Let's see if the decision pays off here. Note: Nolan Schanuel is missing from this game due to injury.

Back to the top

Bobby Morgensen FINALLY breaks out of his slump. He's flown out so many times this series, good to see one of those hard-hit balls finally carry out of the park.

Back to the top

B.J. is the man you want up here, he leads the Owls in home runs with 10, let's see if he can get another.

Back to the top

Javi Rivera stays in the game to try to close this one out and earn the complete game. He has a three-run lead thanks to the heroics of Nicholas Toney (and a single by Shane Magrann for good measure.)

Back to the top

Javi  has had a couple real good outings  lately. If we can get a little pitching, we'll  be ok. I've mentioned it before, giving up those huge innings have  killed us this season. Great to see the kids still playing hard
Back to the top

What. A. Win. FAU salvages the series with some clutch hitting in the 9th and another strong outing from Javi Rivera.

Back to the top
Control functions: