Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SERIES THREAD: FAU @ WKU - May 7th - 9th, 2021

Add topic

Oddly enough, Cooley has gone through this whole game without a strikeout. He's still pitching well enough to hold that lead so far.
Back to the top

Biiiiiiiig win for the Owls, who are now one step closer to clinching a spot in the conference tournament. Cooley did not record a strikeout until the final out of the game, interesting. A win is a win, however, a huge team win.
Back to the top

I've been critical  of our pitching all season. The starters have been steadily getting better. They had to dig their era's out of some huge holes. Javi  still has a huge era But that doesn't represent the way he is currently throwing. I want to see what our arms can do against the top teams in the tounament.
Back to the top

This series should be a big test for the starters with Spiller, Ostrander, and Haggerty all out of the lineup. Game 3's starter is TBA as well, so we'll see who steps up there. Sam Drumheller is probably going to get a lot of the innings out of the bullpen if the Owls get into trouble, but we may see some new faces.
Back to the top

A win today would put FAU six games ahead of FIU, who is on the outside looking in for a conference tournament bid. With seven games remaining after today, a tournament bid would be nearly guaranteed with a win today. A Game 3 victory and three FIU loses would officially get the job done.
Back to the top

Bobby Morgensen apparently made a great catch (judging by Jonathan's voice) to end the inning and halt the damage. WKU strands two baserunners in the bottom of the first.
Back to the top

The Owls have been able to get runners on base so far, drawing five hits and two walks, but have no runs so far…

Back to the top

Steven Loden shows EXACTLY why he's been in that clean up spot, this kid has been ON FIRE lately!
Back to the top

The home runs were from the outfield duo I mentioned in my preview: Zuberer and Carlin. They came to play in the 5th inning. Should be interesting to see if Coach Mac sends Drumheller back out there for the 6th or if we see a new face with Ostrander out.
Back to the top

Drumheller went back to the mound and has bounced back quite nicely… The bats need to come through here now.
Back to the top
Control functions: