Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SERIES THREAD: Old Dominion @ FAU, April 9-11, 2021

Add topic

Rick said

Man we are not able to hit these guys.

😢
Posted On: Apr 11th 2021, 11:57 AM #401676

Going to save this quote for later timed use! 

😄
Back to the top

BOOM, YES!!

OWLS WIN!

What a gritty win from the boys!

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

It has been two weeks since the Owls last win, but 4-0 victory over Old Dominion gives the Owls their first win in eight games.

The Rundown

• Javi Rivera almost went the distance, pitching 8 innings while giving up 0 R, 3 H, 4 BB, while punching out seven. He collects his third win of the season.
  • Rivera was pulled for Branden Ostrander in the ninth, who became responsible for a bases loaded situation in the top of the ninth before striking out the final two ODU batters in nerve-racking but invigorating fashion.
  • For the longest time, it looked as if the Owls' bats would remain ice cold before the four-run eighth inning. FAU failed to put a leadoff man on base throughout the game.
  • The batting woes went as far as going 0-3 with the bases loaded, including an easy-as-you-like 4-6-3 bases juiced double play by BJ Murray in the sixth inning.
  • In hopeful workaround for their offensive struggles, the Owls attempted and successfully stole three bases today, setting a new season high for both.
  • Murray found atonement with his go-ahead two-run homer in the eighth inning. The jack electrified the Owls' dugout as the third baseman became the first Owl to reach double-digit home runs in 2021
  • FAU's Game Four victory avoids the first back-to-back sweeps since a dropping five straight from a three-game set vs. Illinois and a two-game set vs. North Florida in 2019. The Sunday finale also sees ODU's ten-game win streak snapped.

"What a performance by Javi Rivera, that was fantastic. Not only for him, but for us, we really, really needed it coming into today. The starting pitching has been, besides (Hunter) Cooley, beaten around a little bit, and (Rivera) did a really, really good job. (He was) under control, he got into some traffic and was able to navigate through it. Really proud of him." - Head Coach Joh McCormack

NEXT: FAU will travel to Birmingham for a four-game set against UAB. Game One's first pitch comes Friday at 7pm.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: HERE

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top
Control functions: