Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SERIES THREAD: Southern Miss vs. FAU - May 14th - 16th, 2021

Add topic

OWLS WIN! What a comeback! ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Florida Atlantic flipped the script on #19 Southern Mississippi, scoring a combined eight runs in the Owls' final two innings. The Golden Eagles had a 5-1 lead heading into a brief rain delay in the top of the seventh, but it was all Owls once play resumed.

Here is The Rundown from today's comeback victory.

The Rundown

• It was a tale of two halves. USM outhit the Owls 4-1 as the teams went into the fourth inning, but FAU outhit the Golden Eagles 10-1 in innings five through eight.
  • FAU's 14 total hits allowed the Owls to have runners in scoring position. Even when the hosts struggled to score runs up to the seventh inning, the team went 3-8 in lead off hits and 6-15 with runners in scoring position.
  • Dante Visconti picked up the win as he entered the following the rain delay in the top of the seventh inning. He was given a bases loaded situation with two points before punching three straight strikes.
  • The Owls split the series with USM to finish the conference regular season with a 18-14 record.

FAU Head Coach John McCormack said "Dante (Visconti) with the 2-0 count and then getting out of it, and Jackson (Wenstrom) hit the home run, that really infused the team and made them say 'hey, we could do this!'"

The Owls will play their final regular season game on Tuesday against the University of Miami.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: HERE

Back to the top

Nice to have a win like this . The guys never quit.
Back to the top

Absolutely Local. And that's something that Coach Mac later said.. These guys love each other and FAU, so they'll fight to the end.

Back to the top
Control functions: