Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SERIES THREAD: Southern Miss vs. FAU - May 14th - 16th, 2021

Add topic

We head to the ninth inning with a two run lead over No. 19 Southern Miss.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

OWLS WIN! FAU upsets No.19 USM 3-1 in the opening game of the final series of the season.

Back to the top

Very well played game. Good pitching on both sides. Cooley has steadily progressed. This was just what coach wanted. Seven innings from the starter. One quick inning of relief. Win the game. And all the arms are still available for the weekend. Nice to be playing well heading into the tournament.
Back to the top

Florida Atlantic took the challenge of playing C-USA's top ace in stride, upsetting No. 19 Southern Mississippi 3-1 in Game One of the final four game set of the season.

Here's tonight's Rundown from the Owls' upset victory.

The Rundown

• Steven Loden claimed C-USA Hitter of the Week honors from his impressive showing vs. WKU. And while he only recorded one hit tonight, it came as a two-run bomb to give the Owls their go-ahead lead for his fourth homer of the season.
  • While Hunter Cooley earns the win with his seven inning outing, Dylan O'Connell and Dante Visconti pair up to close the door on the Golden Eagles, with neither pitcher giving up a single hit.
  • Speaking of USM hits, their five tonight is their lowest hit total against a conference foe since April 17th when mustering four at Louisiana Tech.
  • Struggling at the plate, USM played an aggressive style on the base paths attempting three steals. FAU catcher Caleb Pendleton made light work of the would-be thieves, gunning down all three.

"It surprised me is how bad he started, and then how good he is now. I've seen guys rebound… but to go from .180 to .380, it's uncommon." - FAU Head Coach John McCormack on his C-USA Hitter of the Week Steven Loden and being surprised with his recent strong form.

FAU will go again tomorrow in a double header against the C-USA West division leaders. First pitch comes at 2:00 pm.

Back to the top

We're on for Game Two of the final set of the season.

Back to the top

Pendleton has been gunning down base runners all series.

Back to the top

Golden Eagles take their first lead of the series, but FAU answers right back to cut the deficit!

Back to the top

Tough day for Sparling, who is on the hook for the a loss after giving up four runs on eight hits.

Back to the top

Drumheller makes light work of the USM offense. But our bats seemed to have lost their mustard from last night.

Back to the top

No dice in the first game of today's double header.

We go again in a half hour.

Back to the top
Control functions: