Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

''Stars do not not matter''

Add topic

Re: ''Stars do not not matter''

walty12 said

d-owl said

Walty - let's not bring up your past threads where you actually lauded our recruits because you trusted HS's judgment more than the 'gurus' on this board.  :-\
Looks like you at least finally see the light and agree that FAU's recruits are sub par.

Lets bring them up…No, I dont agree or "see the light"…and I do trust Howard Schnellenbergers opinion more than yours any day of the week.  The guy has been coaching for 50 years….you have been playing Madden 11 on play station 3…c'mon bud.

There is a ton of talent on our roster.  They are not 'sub par' they are par for the facilities we played in.

NOBODY, EXCEPT JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF (AND THATS DEBATABLE) COULD HAVE RECRUITED BLUE CHIP PLAYERS TO LOCKHART.  IF YOU THINK THAT IS AN EXCUSE AND NOT A FACT, YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND.  We have done more with less than ANY PROGRAM IN HISTORY!!!!!!!!!

ENJOY THE STADIUM THAT HS BUILT FOR YOU THIS YEAR…HAVE A BEER AND REALIZE YOU WILL NEVER KNOW 1/1000TH OF WHAT HE KNOWS ABOUT FOOTBALL.

Lets get this stirght Howard has just been a figure head and has not done any real coach in about 5 years.
Back to the top

Walty12  save your breath for something important……… like cheering for our Owls. Owlcountry40 won't "get it" no matter how much you try to explain the nuances to him. At some point he may have a moment when he realizes that his limited perspective prevents him from seeing the full picture but I wouldn't count on it. He probably will be wearing spiked hair, a nose ring, and flip-flops to job interviews. Oh yes, I forgot to include the floppy hat with all the little pointy things with bells on the end.
Back to the top

d-owl said

Walty - let's not bring up your past threads where you actually lauded our recruits because you trusted HS's judgment more than the 'gurus' on this board.  :-\
Looks like you at least finally see the light and agree that FAU's recruits are sub par.

Just a cursory review of our past recruits vs. FIUs recruits (and I know you are not going to sit here and tell us that FIU has top notch facilities or that because of the recently completed 'Cage' we couldn't sell our program over what was not too long ago a ONE win FIU team):

Schools that actually OFFERED recruits that ENDED UP AT FIU in the past few years:
Virginia, Miami, Colorado, Louisville, Duke, Illinois, West Virginia, Arkansas, Minnessotta, Vanderbilt, Iowa, Kansas State, Northwestern, Auburn, Mississippi, Nebraska, Purdue, Rutgers, South Florida, Tennessee….

Do you really want me to get into the schools that also offered recruits that actually ended up here? I think all fair minded people understand this is a hotbed for recruits, and with our previous success and an an arguably legendary coach, we should NOT be dead last in D1 recruiting - there is no way to spin it. The stadium, while a legitimate concern, is just becoming the easy excuse.

+1
Back to the top

Rick said

Here, here:

The nature of the thread's initial post is how FIU has outrecruited us, and that's why there WERE undefeated at the time of this posting; not how many Big Six programs were involved with either program's recruits…

Of course this was before the Panthers lost to a ULL squad whose signees didn't even have nearly the offers that either FIU's or FAU's had from larger programs ;D

Bottom line:

Out of the Owls' 24 member 2010 signing class, FIU offered six. And that is more than "some", that's 25% of the total class!

So…….

Yeah FIU offered six of our players, but in 2010 they had 142 offers on the table. We had 62.
Back to the top

You guys are truly delerious….

Here is the deal, I am going to pick you guys up and take you to the "hot bed" of recruits on a Friday night in Boca…Blue Martini.  We will go in and "recruit" women to play for and with us.  We will walk them out to the parking lot to a 1980 Pinto…then try to get them to sign the letter of intent so to speak.  Wont happen!!!  They will go with the guy in the nice car and you will go home and give yourself a "Lockhart".

After that you would understand what Howard and this staff have been going through.

I just dont understand how you guys dont get that.  You act like if you just build a program in Florida…WHAMMO!!! You're going to be automatically good.  Its the dumbest argument I have ever heard.  There are tons of sh*tty teams in Florida, Texas and California….it doesn't matter that its a "hot bed" if you're recruiting them in a stadium thats the equivolent of a 1980 Pinto!!!!!!!!!

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

the equivolent of a 1980 Pinto!!!!!!!!!

Lay off the 1980 Pinto pal…we used to have one!

Back in the day when it was the Schnizzle-Dizzle-Dog-Dang-Pizzle!

;D
Back to the top

walty12 said

You guys are truly delerious….

Here is the deal, I am going to pick you guys up and take you to the "hot bed" of recruits on a Friday night in Boca…Blue Martini.  We will go in and "recruit" women to play for and with us.  We will walk them out to the parking lot to a 1980 Pinto…then try to get them to sign the letter of intent so to speak.  Wont happen!!!  They will go with the guy in the nice car and you will go home and give yourself a "Lockhart".

After that you would understand what Howard and this staff have been going through.

I just dont understand how you guys dont get that.  You act like if you just build a program in Florida…WHAMMO!!! You're going to be automatically good.  Its the dumbest argument I have ever heard.  There are tons of sh*tty teams in Florida, Texas and California….it doesn't matter that its a "hot bed" if you're recruiting them in a stadium thats the equivolent of a 1980 Pinto!!!!!!!!!
Sorry you need a nice car to get laid cause i dont.
I talk to players all the time and many of them truly do get or care who Howard is or ever was sorry they just do not know.
I was talking to one player the other day about Howard and he told me that Howard will says stuff to players at practice about things they did wrong.
And one of the assistants will have to come up to them after and say just ignore that you did it right. Love everything he has done for the this program. But that fact is he is just out of it at this point. Our record and recruiting reflect that more then just us playing in a bad stadium. 
Back to the top

Well this thread is the textbook example of how a certain segment of this board has to resort to pathetic insults to those who simply have a differing opinion that MAY be viewed as criticism (gasp!) to thier god HS and his staff. Truly pathetic and said actually.

Clearly people will be on  both sides of the fence - but when you have to resort to essentially name calling to bolster your argument, you make yourself look little and actually weaken your argument.

The fact of the matter is - FAU consistently has one of the worst recruiting classes year in and year out. Period. That is on the staff. It is further very apparent that HS has been a figure head and nothing more for the past few years. It is clear that these kids are not being coached properly and it shows on the field - FAU's teams have not played fundementally sound football for years.

Do I support HS - of course I do! Is he open to criticsim? UMMM he's the head coach - IT COMES WITH THE TERRITORY. If you don't get that, then you really "don't get it" and are the "delirious" one.    
Back to the top

d-owl said

Well this thread is the textbook example of how a certain segment of this board has to resort to pathetic insults to those who simply have a differing opinion that MAY be viewed as criticism (gasp!) to thier god HS and his staff. Truly pathetic and said actually.

Clearly people will be on  both sides of the fence - but when you have to resort to essentially name calling to bolster your argument, you make yourself look little and actually weaken your argument.

The fact of the matter is - FAU consistently has one of the worst recruiting classes year in and year out. Period. That is on the staff. It is further very apparent that HS has been a figure head and nothing more for the past few years. It is clear that these kids are not being coached properly and it shows on the field - FAU's teams have not played fundementally sound football for years.

Do I support HS - of course I do! Is he open to criticsim? UMMM he's the head coach - IT COMES WITH THE TERRITORY. If you don't get that, then you really "don't get it" and are the "delirious" one.

+100 d-owl!

There will always be different opinions and I respect others opinions even if is do not agree with them but lowering to name calling and insults is childish. I beleive all here LOVE THEIR OWLS but we just approach it differently (like having different majors). We want the best for OUR team just see it differently.

And now that we have THE MOST BEATIFUL FOOTBALL STADIUM IN THE WORLD that "excuse" is over with. Now FAU needs to hire a great coach (LEACH) and get recruiting up to get wins up to sell 30,000 seats to see WKU and LL and ULM and Arky St. play in South Florida to pay for this BEAUTIFUL HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

d-owl said

+100 d-owl!

There will always be different opinions and I respect others opinions even if is do not agree with them but lowering to name calling and insults is childish. I beleive all here LOVE THEIR OWLS but we just approach it differently (like having different majors). We want the best for OUR team just see it differently.

And now that we have THE MOST BEATIFUL FOOTBALL STADIUM IN THE WORLD that "excuse" is over with. Now FAU needs to hire a great coach (LEACH) and get recruiting up to get wins up to sell 30,000 seats to see WKU and LL and ULM and Arky St. play in South Florida to pay for this BEAUTIFUL HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE!

Couldn't have said it any better!
Back to the top
Control functions: