Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

''Stars do not not matter''

Add topic

Re: ''Stars do not not matter''

d-owl said

Well this thread is the textbook example of how a certain segment of this board has to resort to pathetic insults to those who simply have a differing opinion that MAY be viewed as criticism (gasp!) to thier god HS and his staff. Truly pathetic and said actually.

Clearly people will be on  both sides of the fence - but when you have to resort to essentially name calling to bolster your argument, you make yourself look little and actually weaken your argument.

The fact of the matter is - FAU consistently has one of the worst recruiting classes year in and year out. Period. That is on the staff. It is further very apparent that HS has been a figure head and nothing more for the past few years. It is clear that these kids are not being coached properly and it shows on the field - FAU's teams have not played fundementally sound football for years.

Do I support HS - of course I do! Is he open to criticsim? UMMM he's the head coach - IT COMES WITH THE TERRITORY. If you don't get that, then you really "don't get it" and are the "delirious" one.

You consider me saying you're delerious name calling?

Then riddle me this Mr. Sensitive….why did we spend $70 million to build a stadium if it doesn't help our program?  Why is it "integral" in EVERYBODYS opinion to have the stadium?

Also, we have had some pretty talented players for a Sun Belt team.  You just accuse Howard of being a "figure head"….well I am happy that while he was just being a "figure head" he was winning  bowl games and building a stadium for us. 

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

d-owl said

Well this thread is the textbook example of how a certain segment of this board has to resort to pathetic insults to those who simply have a differing opinion that MAY be viewed as criticism (gasp!) to thier god HS and his staff. Truly pathetic and said actually.

Clearly people will be on  both sides of the fence - but when you have to resort to essentially name calling to bolster your argument, you make yourself look little and actually weaken your argument.

The fact of the matter is - FAU consistently has one of the worst recruiting classes year in and year out. Period. That is on the staff. It is further very apparent that HS has been a figure head and nothing more for the past few years. It is clear that these kids are not being coached properly and it shows on the field - FAU's teams have not played fundementally sound football for years.

Do I support HS - of course I do! Is he open to criticsim? UMMM he's the head coach - IT COMES WITH THE TERRITORY. If you don't get that, then you really "don't get it" and are the "delirious" one.

+100 d-owl!

There will always be different opinions and I respect others opinions even if is do not agree with them but lowering to name calling and insults is childish. I beleive all here LOVE THEIR OWLS but we just approach it differently (like having different majors). We want the best for OUR team just see it differently.

And now that we have THE MOST BEATIFUL FOOTBALL STADIUM IN THE WORLD that "excuse" is over with. Now FAU needs to hire a great coach (LEACH) and get recruiting up to get wins up to sell 30,000 seats to see WKU and LL and ULM and Arky St. play in South Florida to pay for this BEAUTIFUL HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE!

-1,000,000.  Me telling you that the attitude of "it doesn't matter that we played in Lockhart it shouldn't effect recruiting" is delusional isn't name calling or childish, its just me saying that I think you guys not seeing that is delusional.

Did your guy's wives get on under your screen names this week?  This is a football thread….upset over the term delusional.  Unreal.  You guys want to come over and cuddle to make up?  

Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

walty12 said

You guys are truly delerious….

Here is the deal, I am going to pick you guys up and take you to the "hot bed" of recruits on a Friday night in Boca…Blue Martini.  We will go in and "recruit" women to play for and with us.  We will walk them out to the parking lot to a 1980 Pinto…then try to get them to sign the letter of intent so to speak.  Wont happen!!!  They will go with the guy in the nice car and you will go home and give yourself a "Lockhart".

After that you would understand what Howard and this staff have been going through.

I just dont understand how you guys dont get that.  You act like if you just build a program in Florida…WHAMMO!!! You're going to be automatically good.  Its the dumbest argument I have ever heard.  There are tons of sh*tty teams in Florida, Texas and California….it doesn't matter that its a "hot bed" if you're recruiting them in a stadium thats the equivolent of a 1980 Pinto!!!!!!!!!
Sorry you need a nice car to get laid cause i dont.
I talk to players all the time and many of them truly do get or care who Howard is or ever was sorry they just do not know.
I was talking to one player the other day about Howard and he told me that Howard will says stuff to players at practice about things they did wrong.
And one of the assistants will have to come up to them after and say just ignore that you did it right. Love everything he has done for the this program. But that fact is he is just out of it at this point. Our record and recruiting reflect that more then just us playing in a bad stadium.

Dude, I have to meet you in person.  You seem like the coolest guy on the planet.  I wont wash the hand I shake yours with EVER.  I will leave my girlfriend home though, you sound like a real stud and I dont want to risk you taking her.

Back to the top

To get back to the discussion on stars: They do matter, but they are not the only relevant factor. Stars purport to measure talent and achievement. They do not measure or project heart or give much weight to potential development for late-bloomers. Some guys could amass multiple stars based on high school achievement and simply not develop much more. Others could develop at a different rate meaning, for example, a 2-star in high school works out as a 5-star in college. So everyone is right: Stars do matter, and they don't matter. A recruiter's face-to-face meeting with athlete and parents means a great deal, as well.
Back to the top

walty12 said

d-owl said

You consider me saying you're delerious name calling?

Then riddle me this Mr. Sensitive….why did we spend $70 million to build a stadium if it doesn't help our program?  Why is it "integral" in EVERYBODYS opinion to have the stadium?

Also, we have had some pretty talented players for a Sun Belt team.  You just accuse Howard of being a "figure head"….well I am happy that while he was just being a "figure head" he was winning  bowl games and building a stadium for us.

And I thought you said up top that no recruits cared about our measley bowl victories - yet you now want to point to these same bowl victories to show how great a job HS has done??! Great job by HS and the staff for getting so much momentum from those bowl victories!   I'm also sure you are just elated going into the brand new stadium (that would have been built at some point anyway) 0-5 with arguably the worst team in the entire nation. I'm sure leaving Wilbert in through all those horrible throws and picks in the third quarter tonight was a 'tactical' move by coach, right?

That kool aid you drink must be really something else LOL!

Seriously you are entitled to your opinion - I am entitled to mine. Keep it at that.
Back to the top

walty12 said

owlcountry40 said

walty12 said

You guys are truly delerious….

Here is the deal, I am going to pick you guys up and take you to the "hot bed" of recruits on a Friday night in Boca…Blue Martini.  We will go in and "recruit" women to play for and with us.  We will walk them out to the parking lot to a 1980 Pinto…then try to get them to sign the letter of intent so to speak.  Wont happen!!!  They will go with the guy in the nice car and you will go home and give yourself a "Lockhart".

After that you would understand what Howard and this staff have been going through.

I just dont understand how you guys dont get that.  You act like if you just build a program in Florida…WHAMMO!!! You're going to be automatically good.  Its the dumbest argument I have ever heard.  There are tons of sh*tty teams in Florida, Texas and California….it doesn't matter that its a "hot bed" if you're recruiting them in a stadium thats the equivolent of a 1980 Pinto!!!!!!!!!
Sorry you need a nice car to get laid cause i dont.
I talk to players all the time and many of them truly do get or care who Howard is or ever was sorry they just do not know.
I was talking to one player the other day about Howard and he told me that Howard will says stuff to players at practice about things they did wrong.
And one of the assistants will have to come up to them after and say just ignore that you did it right. Love everything he has done for the this program. But that fact is he is just out of it at this point. Our record and recruiting reflect that more then just us playing in a bad stadium.

Dude, I have to meet you in person.  You seem like the coolest guy on the planet.  I wont wash the hand I shake yours with EVER.  I will leave my girlfriend home though, you sound like a real stud and I dont want to risk you taking her.

That is the smartest thing you have ever said on this broad.
Back to the top

That is the smartest thing you have ever said on this broad.

If I pay for you to take English 1101 at FAU…will you accept?

Back to the top

Yea bad grammar but i have proved i know more about college football. ;D
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Yea bad grammar but i have proved i know more about college football. ;D

I promise you dont.  Come over and I'll teach you how to spell, some college football and some manners.  ;)

Back to the top
Control functions: