Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

1 month away from signing day

Add topic

Re: 1 month away from signing day

Hinds did play, finally after the year was blown, and he did pretty well too!

What of the other twenty (20) or so though? Morris (red-shirt freshman) ONLY PLAYED BECAUSE OF AN INJURY, and look at where we would have been without him! I think all of us agree that he is our best true potential NFL talent ever and he was riding our freshman bench!

Coach (or his Coaches) just have to become more open to using the entire roster and if someone is not making the plays or is making STUPID penalties, sit his ass on the bench for the rest of the half or game because he is only hurting you anyhow! Too many of our problems the past two years are a lack of discipline and that sometimes has to be taught, the hard way. You wanna play again, get your head together or else!

I am just saying the fact that, if a potential incoming recruit beleives he will play right away here, he is more likely to seriously consider us. And in fact, our recruiting is not looking too great the past few years, when just the opposite should have been the case!

Back to the top

Morris is actually a RS Sophomore. RS jr next season.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

My bad. So it actually took our coaches over two years to see the talent. I know our backs before were good, but nowhere near as good as Mr. Morris. Kind of scary if you really think about that.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

My bad. So it actually took our coaches over two years to see the talent. I know our backs before were good, but nowhere near as good as Mr. Morris. Kind of scary if you really think about that.

That's an unfair statement.  It's real easy to say after Morris leads the SBC in rushing, but would you have sat Charles Pierre last year?  He had a great year and certainly didn't deserve to be benched for an unproven RS freshman.  Morris was great this year but who's to say he was physically or mentally ready last season? 
Back to the top

Until we get a facility the recruiting is probably not going to look great on paper.  I understand people don't necessarily like the star system but you can't just keep hoping you find 'diamonds in the rough'.
Back to the top

Morris would not have played this year either except for an injury. You gotta begin to wonder or even worry about our Coaches talent judgement abilities, not just their coaching abilities; fundamentals, discipline, schemes, half time adjustments. All of the the stuff that has hurt us the past two years. Yet we still were really so close to being in our third consecutive bowl, we lost three we could have/should have won. Even one and we were probably in!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Morris would not have played this year either except for an injury.

How do you know?

Are you really suggesting that the coaches are holding players back because they are freshmen, etc.?  I do not believe that for a minute.  You have to perform in practice.  That is the only way to evaluate talent.  To think freshmen do not get a chance merely because they are freshmen is misguided IMO.
Back to the top

d-owl said

Until we get a facility the recruiting is probably not going to look great on paper.  I understand people don't necessarily like the star system but you can't just keep hoping you find 'diamonds in the rough'.

Getting the new stadium will not get us higher "stars."  Don't get your hopes up.  We will still be in the SunBelt.

The STAR system is for the Top 25 teams in the country.  It is all about marketing and sales of services that reports on recruits that the Top 25 are recruiting.  Please don't be fooled by the stars.  The stadium will get us better recruits, it will not get us major recruits, sorry.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Morris would not have played this year either except for an injury. You gotta begin to wonder or even worry about our Coaches talent judgement abilities, not just their coaching abilities; fundamentals, discipline, schemes, half time adjustments. All of the the stuff that has hurt us the past two years. Yet we still were really so close to being in our third consecutive bowl, we lost three we could have/should have won. Even one and we were probably in!

I think the argument could be made that Morris had such great success this year because he spent time learning the system and getting reps in practice. This is to say that he needed the time to mature both physically and within the system in order to become the type of player that he is. I don't know if he would have had such success as a freshman.

We also need to keep in mind that a lot of the guys that FAU is getting need a year or two to add bulk and strength. FAU signs very few guys that are game ready from a physical standpoint as true freshman.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

fauowl said

d-owl said

Until we get a facility the recruiting is probably not going to look great on paper.  I understand people don't necessarily like the star system but you can't just keep hoping you find 'diamonds in the rough'.

Getting the new stadium will not get us higher "stars."  Don't get your hopes up.  We will still be in the SunBelt.

The STAR system is for the Top 25 teams in the country.  It is all about marketing and sales of services that reports on recruits that the Top 25 are recruiting.  Please don't be fooled by the stars.  The stadium will get us better recruits, it will not get us major recruits, sorry.

Exactly.  All of our best players over the years have been "two star" or less guys.  When you have the sustained success that we have had, it's not a matter of just finding "diamonds in the rough".  There are plenty of good players out there and we are getting our share.  You can have all the "stars" in the world, but the only thing that matters is what happens once they get on the field.  The number of stars a recruit has is fun to talk about during the offseason, but once practice starts, it's all meaningless.  
Back to the top
Control functions: