Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2009 Commit List

Add topic

Re: 2009 Commit List

2009 Commit List

Corey Henry

Strongside DE
Miami (FL) Carol City

Ht: 6-foot-3
Wt: 229 lbs
Forty: 5.1 secs
Vertical: 29 inches
Shuttle: 4.84 secs

FAU (Offer)
FIU (Offer)
Kansas State
Kentucky
Syracuse
West Virginia

Damian Fortner

Running Back
Miramar (FL) Everglades
Ht: 5-foot-9
Wt: 170 lbs
Class: 2009 (High School)

Arkansas State
FAU

Tiray Dove
Outside linebacker
Jacksonville (FL) Robert E. Lee

Ht: 6-foot-1
Wt: 215 lbs

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

kid looks like a stud!
Back to the top

I am still surprised at all the small running backs that we keep getting. It seems like the majority are 170-180lbs.

So far in this class we have 5'8" 185, 5'10" 150  :-X, and 5'9" 170. Pretty small across the board.

I know we have Stinson and Morris from past classes and they are bigger backs, but I would think that we should still try to sign additional bigger backs as opposed to all of the little guys.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

I am still surprised at all the small running backs that we keep getting. It seems like the majority are 170-180lbs.

So far in this class we have 5'8" 185, 5'10" 150  :-X, and 5'9" 170. Pretty small across the board.

I know we have Stinson and Morris from past classes and they are bigger backs, but I would think that we should still try to sign additional bigger backs as opposed to all of the little guys.

GO OWLS!!!

I agree but then again… 1400 yards, 24 TDs… at least one of those guys knows what he is doing…
Back to the top

Tiray Dove
Outside linebacker
Jacksonville (FL) Robert E. Lee

Ht: 6-foot-1
Wt: 215 lbs

Looks like this kid played RB/LB in HS and also ran track. Not sure we're they'll play him in college. If it's at LB he'll have great speed and could help the pass rush Howards been looking for

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Found two short Travis Jones (RB) clips:

Back to the top

owlcountry said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

I agree but then again… 1400 yards, 24 TDs… at least one of those guys knows what he is doing…

He knows how to make guys miss, but the college game is a lot faster and the defenses are a lot bigger. He isn't the type of back that can take 15-20 carries a game an last the entire season. He would project as more of a situational back and hopefully he has the hands to make an impact in the passing game.

Any word on Morris and/or Stinson?? Will either of them or both of them be moved to FB??

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Any word on Morris and/or Stinson?? Will either of them or both of them be moved to FB??

GO OWLS!!!

Morris played FB this past season when he was in…
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

Living up here in Jacksonville, I believe that Maurice Jones Drew is 5'8", and he turned out OK. ::)
Lets not worry to much about the size.
Back to the top

mh2os said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

Living up here in Jacksonville, I believe that Maurice Jones Drew is 5'8", and he turned out OK. ::)
Lets not worry to much about the size.

I am talking more about weight than height and of course there are exceptions. Jones-Drew and Darren Sproles are a couple of examples and they are real exceptions. Both also have very solid builds despite being short.

They guys we are signing are very thin. 5'10" 150 is rail thin for a football player at any position.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top
Control functions: