Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2009 Commit List

Add topic

Re: 2009 Commit List

2009 Commit List

owlfan1 said

mh2os said

owlfan1 said

I am still surprised at all the small running backs that we keep getting. It seems like the majority are 170-180lbs.

So far in this class we have 5'8" 185, 5'10" 150  :-X, and 5'9" 170. Pretty small across the board.

I know we have Stinson and Morris from past classes and they are bigger backs, but I would think that we should still try to sign additional bigger backs as opposed to all of the little guys.

GO OWLS!!!

Living up here in Jacksonville, I believe that Maurice Jones Drew is 5'8", and he turned out OK. ::)
Lets not worry to much about the size.

I am talking more about weight than height and of course there are exceptions. Jones-Drew and Darren Sproles are a couple of examples and they are real exceptions. Both also have very solid builds despite being short.

They guys we are signing are very thin. 5'10" 150 is rail thin for a football player at any position.

GO OWLS!!!

some of these kids will still grow so 2 more inches and he's 6 foot. The weight won't be a problem. Especially since most of these kids will be red shirting their first season and still working out with the team they'll be sure to gain weight. So if they can get to 6'0 170 that's not to bad

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

owlfan1 said

mh2os said

owlfan1 said

I am still surprised at all the small running backs that we keep getting. It seems like the majority are 170-180lbs.

So far in this class we have 5'8" 185, 5'10" 150  :-X, and 5'9" 170. Pretty small across the board.

I know we have Stinson and Morris from past classes and they are bigger backs, but I would think that we should still try to sign additional bigger backs as opposed to all of the little guys.

GO OWLS!!!

Living up here in Jacksonville, I believe that Maurice Jones Drew is 5'8", and he turned out OK. ::)
Lets not worry to much about the size.

I am talking more about weight than height and of course there are exceptions. Jones-Drew and Darren Sproles are a couple of examples and they are real exceptions. Both also have very solid builds despite being short.

They guys we are signing are very thin. 5'10" 150 is rail thin for a football player at any position.

GO OWLS!!!

some of these kids will still grow so 2 more inches and he's 6 foot. The weight won't be a problem. Especially since most of these kids will be red shirting their first season and still working out with the team they'll be sure to gain weight. So if they can get to 6'0 170 that's not to bad

Again, height is not the issue.

6'0" 170 is very thin for a D1 running back.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Jimmie Colley - Miami Pace-Offensive Tackle
Ht: 6-foot-3
Wt: 267 lbs

Back to the top

Jab979 said

Jimmie Colley - Miami Pace-Offensive Tackle
Ht: 6-foot-3
Wt: 267 lbs

That should make it… 21 commits that we know about.

Don't we offer around 25?

So maybe we have some three star guys who are holding out and will be last minute surprises.
Back to the top

I love the size of the OL. This guy is 6'3, we had the other kid who was 6'10. Lets beef these kids up and give the QB a lot of time to throw and the RB a lot of room to run

Back to the top

Jab979 said

I love the size of the OL. This guy is 6'3, we had the other kid who was 6'10. Lets beef these kids up and give the QB a lot of time to throw and the RB a lot of room to run

Hope the coaches can convince Jennert to come back, Having that kind of height as a R/TE would be awsome with the type of QB's we recurit.

SCREW THE SPREAD.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

One more verbal before signing day.  Maryland TE James Ohbo.  Couldn't find a lot on him, but the coaches must really like him if they were willing stray from the state to look at a Maryland prospect.

ExCoBoard - Free message board

From the video, he reminds me of Jason Harmon.
Back to the top

Thanks 44

Got him on the list already

Hoping to clarify a couple soon

& got two confirmed signees

Talked to coach from N. Miami both players have signed

Back to the top

Also keep checking the main page, I will be updating signees thru out the day

Back to the top

FAUOWLACCESS is reporting that Cory Henry has also signed his LOI.

;D

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top
Control functions: