Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2010 Signing Day - NLI listing

Add topic

Re: 2010 Signing Day - NLI listing

2010 Signing Day - NLI listing

Bytor said

orlando-owl said

Anyword on Travaughn Faircloth?
Did not get an offer.

Why didn't we make him and offer? His top choice was Illinois, but didn't end up signing with them. And since we didn't make him an offer, he will likely sign with FIU or Central Michigan.

Granted, we did sign this kid instead:

Safety David Lozandier, 6-11/185, North Miami Senior, Miami
92 tackles and six sacks as a senior. Ran track and had 100 meter time of 10.58.
Back to the top

If the team can turn things around this year and there is plenty of stadium to look at next recruiting season, I expect recruiting to get easier. A winning season/bowl bid and the stadium started will really help.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

You're right about having FAU stadium construction to show and another bowl win being essential. It seems that everyone is recruiting Florida these days. Even Colorado State (Mountain West Conference) signed eleven from Florida today! The University of Colorado (Big 12) signed one from Florida. Air Force doesn't announce its recruits until much later because of service academy policies, so we won't know whether any Floridians are headed there.
Back to the top

I'm semi-keeping my mouth shut….FAU and Eastern Michigan signed the fewest players in the country and we have the second worst ranking in the country, accoring to scout.com

I don't see how anyone could be too excited about this class. I like HS as a coach but not as a recruiter.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

I'm semi-keeping my mouth shut….FAU and Eastern Michigan signed the fewest players in the country and we have the second worst ranking in the country, accoring to scout.com

I don't see how anyone could be too excited about this class. I like HS as a coach but not as a recruiter.
I mean he cant turn water into wine…we play in the worse stadium in DI in the worse conference in DI have never had a player drafted…plus I'm not sure how active HS was in recruiting this yr I know like two yrs ago he was pretty active but it seemed like the assistant coaches were doing most of the work this yr.

but I agree we didn't get a big splash this yr but as far as getting excited…

A LB with 4.4 speed
A QB who actually is looking to make a huge impact at FAU
A TE who commited here many moons ago and never wavered
probably one of the best DE recruits we ever had

Back to the top

Exit39 said

Grades are usually based on a class that is balanced (offense & positions)…this 2010 class is any but balance other then we signed 6 players on both side of the ball.

This a very talented class…
Back to the top

Landing Watson would have been HUGE for us, yet I still think we can land someone big in the next couple of days.
Back to the top

Don't get caught up in the rankings from the pay sites.  They are compeletly meaningless, especially when they try and breakdown non-BCS teams recruiting classes.  It's easy to see the top talent, and they end up at basically the same 10-15 schools.  After that it's a major crap shoot.  Every year for the past 5 years we hear how much better FIU's class is then ours…and what has it gotten them?  Would you rather win signing day or win on the field?
Back to the top

Captain said

Bytor said

orlando-owl said

Anyword on Travaughn Faircloth?
Did not get an offer.

Why didn't we make him and offer? His top choice was Illinois, but didn't end up signing with them. And since we didn't make him an offer, he will likely sign with FIU or Central Michigan.

Granted, we did sign this kid instead:

Safety David Lozandier, 6-11/185, North Miami Senior, Miami
92 tackles and six sacks as a senior. Ran track and had 100 meter time of 10.58.

We didn't offer him yet, FAU could still go after him now to take the place of Watson.  There is still 2 spots left to fill.
Back to the top

Ehh ill take top 3 in the belt realistically and a last place recruit class with kids that want to come here.
Back to the top
Control functions: