Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2010 Signing Day - NLI listing

Add topic

Re: 2010 Signing Day - NLI listing

2010 Signing Day - NLI listing

do we seriously have to have this discussion EVERY year?

"Coach has lost his touch, he can't recruit"
"FIU has a better class than us according to Scout"
"The freaking sky is falling"

And what happens year in and year out? We consistently put a better product on the field than most of those in our conference, we out coach just about EVERY team we play in conference AND the cream rises to the top every time.

We will be just fine chicken littles
Back to the top

Rivals says this guy Faircloth was a 3 star DE with offers from Buffalo, Illinois, CMU, FIU and FAU.

You're saying we didn't offer and despite these offers he didn't sign with anybody? Doesn't make any sense.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

I'm semi-keeping my mouth shut….FAU and Eastern Michigan signed the fewest players in the country and we have the second worst ranking in the country, accoring to scout.com

I don't see how anyone could be too excited about this class. I like HS as a coach but not as a recruiter.

Until we get the stadium this is what is going to happen unfortunately. As others have said we are in arguably the worst conference in America with probably the worst playing facility. It's amazing what they have accomplished to this point but realistically the recruiting will have to pick up to sustain success. I can't see that happening unless the stadium is built. I understand non BCS recruiting is a crapshoot, stars "shmarz" blah blah blah, but the fact of the matter is these recruits as a whole are far off the radar. We should be recruiting at the top of the Belt with our location, coach and success. But let's be honest it's not happening and I attribute that to the stadium.  And if last year's defense is an indicator of the type of talent we are consistently going to recruit, we could be headed for many sleepless nights.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Rivals says this guy Faircloth was a 3 star DE with offers from Buffalo, Illinois, CMU, FIU and FAU.

You're saying we didn't offer and despite these offers he didn't sign with anybody? Doesn't make any sense.

Not sure why Rivals are saying he was offered…I was told no offer was extended by FAU and like I mentioned before, doesn't mean that can change now that Watson de-committed. It would surely make up for it.
Back to the top

Troy signed 11 from Florida, 11 from Alabama and few from Georgia.

I do not understand how FIU can do so well on paper in recruiting (lots of three-star signees and all-this-and-that guys) with very little fan support, no game atmosphere, no band, no winning seasons, no bowls.  ???
Back to the top

d-owl said

We should be recruiting at the top of the Belt with our location, coach and success. But let's be honest it's not happening and I attribute that to the stadium.  And if last year's defense is an indicator of the type of talent we are consistently going to recruit, we could be headed for many sleepless nights.

Right. Coach V talked about how a lot of great kids from the southern counties have played in Lockhart as high schoolers and that makes it a very tough sell. But this should be the last year they have to endure "sleepless nights" since the next class would be playing in the new stadium.

New stadium
Schnellenberger
Bowl wins
The beach

Our program will sell itself.

Back to the top

Here are a few photos from Bartram Trail HS signee:

Newest Owl - Blake Parrish

The Family: Keyles, David, Nancy & Blake Parrish
Back to the top

I agree owlcountry…this program will sell itself, kinda does to some extent- the successes we've had already.  But man, image what will happen once the dirty start moving  8)
Back to the top
Control functions: