Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 FAU Football Signing Day Thread

Add topic

With jucos who knows who actually makes it on the field.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Rick said

We will be WAY at the top in comp avg, which is all that matters…
Posted On: Feb 1st 2017, 11:21 AM #366582

Right. The CUSA rank is affected by the size of the class… for instance, yesterday we were #3 and had like 17 commits whereas UTSA was #1 and had like 25… which means more room for more 3 star athletes and thus a higher rating.

That's obviously a flawed way to rank but it's useful if someone in the conference signs a 4-star guy and then that elevates you I guess.

Some of our 3-star guys are rated 0.86, 0.87… that's knocking on the door to 0.89 and 0.9 which is a 4-star athlete. So we're closer than we think to landing a true 4-star which, technically I'm going to say we already did since both DeAndres were 4-star talents at one point, right? Not sure why a 4-star guy goes to JUCO, continues to play, then gets penalized and drops a star. So to me the dude is a 4-star. And like I said before, if we have to go the JUCO route to get a 4-star guy, I'm okay with that provided the rest of his house is in order (academics, criminal record, etc)
Posted On: Feb 1st 2017, 11:57 AM #366595

I don't know this for a fact, but I think part of the reason JUCOs lose stars is because they have less time to contribute… That's just my guess and you could counter that most 5* guys are only there for three years anyway.
Back to the top

Im happy with the class, but concerned with the number of JUCO's. That is what Pelini did and it left the cupboard bare as I recall.

This is a win now policy, and thats ok, but the next class probably needs to be heavy highschool.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Starting to wonder if we are over sighing we have like 23 right now.
Posted On: Feb 1st 2017, 12:01 PM #366597

Maybe some already on the team expected to transfer, freeing up spots.

What did we have to give.. 17 right?
Back to the top

Out of 23 right now 6 are JUCO and all at positions of need.

We are not just getting kids to get JUCO kids.

Pelini was like 50/50 JUCO to Freshemen.
Back to the top

I got 17 by my count. Still waiting on Ross, Bagner, and Leroy to make it official
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

owlcountry40 said

Starting to wonder if we are over sighing we have like 23 right now.
Posted On: Feb 1st 2017, 12:01 PM #366597

Maybe some already on the team expected to transfer, freeing up spots.

What did we have to give.. 17 right?
Posted On: Feb 1st 2017, 12:09 PM #366607

Well it was 18 then Hickman will leave for medical issues and one of oilmen was kicked off the team.
I fully expect one if not two of the QB's to transfer.
Back to the top

My fellow Owls, please don't let this amazing day and all these great news distract you from the following:

1) The Golden State Warrior blew a 3-1 lead

2) FIU is putting together a really good recruiting class as well. According to ESPN they're currently ahead of us, and 247 says they're right behind us.

#StayAlert

Go Owls.
Back to the top

Hunter Snyder gets a former classmate from Tarpon Springs East Lake HS to join him at FAU.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Houston, we have a star!

(I've waited all day for that one)

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top