Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 signing class ultra-late arrivals

Add topic

GeorgiaOwl said

As far as next year goes, Orlando Brown the HUGE OT at Oklahoma has announced he is going early to the NFL  - YES!!!!
Posted On: Jan 4th 2018, 4:28 PM #376096

lol I don't think this will make a huge difference for us in that game next year.
Back to the top

d-owl said

GeorgiaOwl said

As far as next year goes, Orlando Brown the HUGE OT at Oklahoma has announced he is going early to the NFL  - YES!!!!
lol I don't think this will make a huge difference for us in that game next year.
Posted On: Jan 4th 2018, 7:01 PM #376098
Just that every loss they have will help to some degree. By the way, he IS a BIG loss, 6'8" 345 lbs. Would be very hard for us to stop him.

And more good news, All American TE Andrews leaving early too!!!!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

d-owl said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Jan 4th 2018, 7:01 PM #376098
Just that every loss they have will help to some degree. By the way, he IS a BIG loss, 6'8" 345 lbs. Would be very hard for us to stop him.

And more good news, All American TE Andrews leaving early too!!!!
Posted On: Jan 4th 2018, 8:15 PM #376100

You sound ridiculous.

OU by that game will have had back to back top 10 classes.
They have guys leave early every year and win the big 12 every year.
They also have the 4th best OT in the country coming in this year who if he attended here he would be the best player on the team without a single question before he ever wore pads.

For us to beat them there would have to be something out of control you never see.
Win turnover battle by 5 Motor run for 300 yards whoever our qb is goes 42-45 passing.

Right now I'd say we are as good as the 2016 WKU team and they lost to Vandy in OT.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

For us to beat them there would have to be something out of control you never see.
Win turnover battle by 5 Motor run for 300 yards whoever our qb is goes 42-45 passing.

Right now I'd say we are as good as the 2016 WKU team and they lost to Vandy in OT.
Posted On: Jan 4th 2018, 10:00 PM #376105

You're probably right there.

I've been wondering what it would take to pull off the upset. The question is: are Kiffin and Briles "offensive geniuses" enough to come up with a gameplan that would allow inferior players to beat superior players? Is that possible, provided our players execute the plan a high level?

Wouldn't that be the true challenge for them to truly claim that title of "offensive genius" so often bestowed upon them?

And can you think of an example of that elsewhere, where the coaching was inventive enough to erase the gap between two teams?

Back to the top

There's a Beat Oklahoma countdown clock in the training facility I believe, so apparently our team thinks we can win. Count me among those. And yes, it is very good news that they've got players leaving early, maybe the running back will too. But, losing the QB and LT (as well as the Center, TE, numerous defensive starters) is a big deal. And, one thing which is flying under the radar is the fact our defense finished the season amazingly strong, getting better every game. Another spring and fall with the same staff in place and who knows what could happen.
Back to the top

As far as this Sooner talk, of course there is always a "puncher's chance" lol. Still, I equate this to what LK said about us wanting to play 'Bama – sure, he'd love to play them, but he'd "feel sorry for our players". As mentioned elsewhere on here, I distinctly remember the thoughts of beating Texas in 08 coming off the NO Bowl. That didn't end so well. Just being realistic.
Back to the top

Look, its Oklahoma we're talking about.  Thier talent level is ridiculous.

We have 3 things going in our favor IMO:

Tons of returning starters - most of which are upper classmen
1st game of the year - if there is a time to play a big time team, 1st game is it
Coaching - Usually G5 coaching staffs are out gunned by a big time P5 coaching staff.  This is not the case.

Factors against us:
Replacing OLineman vs what I am sure are NFL quality DLinemen on OU
QB battle - If Driskell loses out, it will be Robinsons first ever start.  Tough task on the road in Norman.
OU - They are insanely talented and tough at home vs. more talented opponents than ourselves.

We will see what happens.

I just know this - we will have to win the turnover battle +3 minimum to win the game.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

If Driskell loses out, it will be Robinsons first ever start.
Posted On: Jan 5th 2018, 12:13 PM #376126

If Driskel is here…

May put this statement in the news box, so everyone remembers…

:cool:

Back to the top

Rick said

walty12 said

If Driskell loses out, it will be Robinsons first ever start.
Posted On: Jan 5th 2018, 12:13 PM #376126

If Driskel is here…

May put this statement in the news box, so everyone remembers…

:cool:

Posted On: Jan 5th 2018, 2:50 PM #376128

What makes you think he transfers at this point? Unless he loses the job badly in spring practice. 
Back to the top

Comments were a little harsh, but probably true.  Glad to be mentioned!

Seven teams the hype machine will be pushing until September - College Football Nation Blog- ESPN
Back to the top
Control functions: