Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 signing class ultra-late arrivals

Add topic

DeltAlumnus said

What makes you think he transfers at this point? Unless he loses the job badly in spring practice. 
Posted On: Jan 5th 2018, 3:04 PM #376129

Who said anything about transferring?

He's going to graduate in the Spring…

A little bird told me that he might have had enough with football.
Back to the top

Jason, Jeff, and the Driskels, seem to all have there heads on straight. Reality…Jason is not going pro. That being said, he will be a pro  something else. I'm sure he and his parents have discussed his future and it is 100% his decision. I hope he plays because he ran Brile's O brilliantly. But if not, he had one heck of a final season. Time will tell.
Back to the top

Robison is a major talent at QB – a guy that could have realistically been starting for Oklahoma in the game next year. I'm sure everyone could see the work he did with the scout team which made it no surprise when immediately after the Boca Bowl Kiffin talked about a QB competition next year. Driskel honestly was fantastic this year (as the season progressed) and should be given every opportunity to compete for the starting job next year if he is back. However, Robison's talent can make our air assault exceptional next year. I think everyone on the team knows it, including Driskel.
Back to the top

If Driskel is done after this season, he'll go out on a very high note. Good for him and best of luck in the future.

A Robison vs DeAndre battle will definitely be interesting based on their reputation.

But I hope whomever wins has good game management skills too because Driskel was particularly good at not turning the ball over and knowing when to keep it himself rather than force it to show off.

Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

If Driskel is done after this season, he'll go out on a very high note. Good for him and best of luck in the future.

A Robison vs DeAndre battle will definitely be interesting based on their reputation.

But I hope whomever wins has good game management skills too because Driskel was particularly good at not turning the ball over and knowing when to keep it himself rather than force it to show off.

Posted On: Jan 6th 2018, 10:41 AM #376137

Anyone know what the status is on DeAndre?  Is he expected to be back next year?
Back to the top

XCOwls2012 said

Owl2Doc said

Posted On: Jan 6th 2018, 10:41 AM #376137

Anyone know what the status is on DeAndre?  Is he expected to be back next year?
Posted On: Jan 6th 2018, 11:02 AM #376138

I'm quite sure he is expected back and he will almost certainly compete for the job if he is recovered fully. With an injury like that though, can never know.

If Driskel is indeed gone, with Parr transferring, and with the health of DeAndre kind of unknown, I'd think we'd be on the lookout for another QB on the roster.
Back to the top

Gosh, I didn't realize there's serious talk about Driskel leaving the program, I guess because of Robison?
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Gosh, I didn't realize there's serious talk about Driskel leaving the program, I guess because of Robison?
Posted On: Jan 6th 2018, 3:12 PM #376155

No it sounds like he's graduating? Pretty normal stuff.
Back to the top
Control functions: