Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 FAU Football Signing Day Thread

Add topic

d-owl said

Gaskin to FIU – guess they are letting him play baseball. Not sure why we wouldn't.
Posted On: Feb 7th 2018, 11:44 AM #376998

So we will beat him in both. Double the glory.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

David Slavic said

d-owl said

Gaskin to FIU – guess they are letting him play baseball. Not sure why we wouldn't.
I'm not happy with FIU's class right now. Looks very solid.
Posted On: Feb 7th 2018, 11:46 AM #377000
They have a pipeline in our backyard. I understand that school may not typically produce huge talent, but when they do, would rather them not look south. Gaskin was a no brainer get to me although we are stacked at WR. I just don't see why we are scared of dual sport athletes.
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

d-owl said

So we will beat him in both. Double the glory.
Posted On: Feb 7th 2018, 11:47 AM #377001

I concur lol.
Back to the top

We've got confirmation on a signing from earlier we were sitting on…Jack is preparing the post, but he's a

BIG ONE.

6-4, 310 worth of BIG.
Back to the top

This isn't a flip we saw coming. For a recap:

Robinson committed to Chattanooga on 1/24

FAU offers Robinson on 1/30

Robinsons flips to FAU on 2/7

Back to the top

Getting LOTS of BIG men in this class - great news - win in the trenches ya win the games!!!!!
Back to the top

Back to the top

Very nice surprise to grab another big guy - particularly from the high school ranks.  I am pretty familiar with UTC, who is FCS and is in the same conference as my alma mater.  I am assuming this is an under the radar guy, but we all know you can't teach size.  He should be an absolute beast after getting into a college strength and conditioning program.

If my math is correct, looks like we have signed 5 today, had 5 in the early signing, and then the 4 transfers.  Per the board we have another 6 that are hopeful.  My guess is we miss at least a couple of them, but I hope we have another couple of surprises and have a total of 19 or 20 "new" faces for the 2018 season.
Back to the top

Armani Adams makes it official! He picks FAU over Arizona, Baylor, and his home-town USF.

Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

Some big time P5 programs tried to poach Doug Johnson away from Boca, but the Fort White product comes through on his verbal commitment.

Welcome Doug!

Posted On: Feb 7th 2018, 10:32 AM #376992

It is important to note that Johnson is an OL. My mistake, as the excitement of his signing got to me.

Back to the top
Control functions: