Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2019 FAU Early Signing Period Thread • Dec 19th - 21st

Add topic

Can't stop, won't stop with these LBs! Early commit Antarrius Moultrie makes it official.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Can't wait to see how we fair in the hunt for one of Palm Beach County's elite recruits, Dwight Toombs.

Back to the top

He's ours. 

Book it. 
Back to the top

BOOM!!!! TOOMBS IS AN OWL!

Back to the top

FAU with the largest upward movement in the CUSA 247 Recruiting Rankings. And that's without 247 updating some recent developments that will only strengthen this class.

What are your takes on this Early Signing Day's class? Is there a specific player y'all are most excited to see?

Back to the top

Very cool to see some good players picking FAU on early signing day. The LBs are more than welcome.

How’s everyone feel about where we stand in terms of overall conference recruiting and roster management? I think today was pretty good especially from a defensive standpoint but every team has to sign some big bodies on the line for depth/development. It’s nice when the freshman can contribute early but for lineman it seems they need time to get used to the speed and strength of the college game. 
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

Owls will get some much needed and immediate help at WR via a JuCo signee.
Posted On: Dec 19th 2018, 11:14 AM #384289

I've heard this before… Please break the mold!
Back to the top

I watched UAB last night and their WR's were great. I just scratched my head and wondered how come we can't get them.. Love love love the LB's we picked up. I'm thinking about their potential growth. Give Coach Love a year and look out .
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

voss749 said

GeorgiaOwl said

Too bad for us about the Ft. Laud HS OL. In a way don't blame him for signing at Clemson but also hope a late "interest"  3* recruit there does not end up just another lower ranked scout team guy buried on the depth chart under tons of 5 and 4 star recruits there. Good luck to him though!
Posted On: Dec 19th 2018, 10:45 AM #384286
The more NFL recruits come from FAU the less we will have to deal with this. There are some kids who ride the bench for 4 years just to wear a clemson uniform and thats not the ones we want. I want a hungry kid whos ready to soar with the owls.
Posted On: Dec 19th 2018, 11:06 AM #384288
I do not get the assumption these kids will ride the bench? Even Clemson and Bama do not get 24 5 and 4-star kids there are only so many to go around.
I would not want a kid that says "I  can not compete a Clemson I am going to settle"
 Would you rather play at a school with the top paid coaches in the world? Have a meal plan in an Athlete cafeteria with the best nutrition plans in the world or the Freshmen cafe? Or have 85k on a Saturday night vs Va Tech or play in front of 15k? Having a few more guys go to the NFL will not solve that for us.

Posted On: Dec 19th 2018, 11:52 AM #384291
All very true Shane, my concern is for the recruit. We have had many of our top recruits choose Power 5 schools and have never heard of them again. I would rather play and start than ride the pine for four years if I loved PLAYING the game.

I can recall Baker Mayfield and Ralph Webb doing well but not much else. Boating is the 20th rated signee at Clemson in this class. Now multiply that times 4 years you have 76 guys on one roster rated higher than you to begin with. Then you also have to compete with the nearly 50 other lower rated recruits and walk-ons. Only 22 start and about double that actually play.

It can be done of course, but seems the deck is totally stacked against you before you even walk on campus and hit the field! Like I said, best of luck to him, go up there and take a job!!!

Posted On: Dec 19th 2018, 12:04 PM #384292

Talentwise, I really don't think there's that big of a gap from the #5 signee to the #20.  It's all about who wants to work harder, and if you believe that is you, by all means, you should be at Clemson.
Back to the top

Back to the top
Control functions: