Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2019 FAU Football Signing Day Thread

Add topic

illinoisowl said

FAU had one of the biggest signing classes in the country, 32 so far. What is the strategy with a class that size? Isn't there a limit per year on signings? Are some blue and gray shirts?
Posted On: Feb 7th 2019, 10:41 AM #385067

I've read that we've got a few grey shirts (who will count against our 2020 class). And that, at least one of our transfers (more I'd imagine), will count against last year's class (2018), where we didn't take a full-load (19/25 I think?).

It's a matter of pride but, every article I've read this afternoon, was written before our "final" numbers reported. If you check now, we're about one spot back from UCF (not a Baker's dozen). I shouldn't care. I'm very happy with this class.
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Did anyone else know about this?

Terrell Owens, Warren Sapp's Sons Commit to Play for Lane Kiffin at FAU

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2819622-terrell-owens-warren-sapps-sons-commit-to-play-for-lane-kiffin-at-fau

I know those guys will have to prove themselves but it shows their confidence in Kiffin's program.
Posted On: Feb 7th 2019, 11:34 AM #385068
Yes I did.

I had the second post on page one of this thread with a link to the Orlando Sentinel about the "Deuce" commiting to FAU.

The Florida Today newspaper had an article days ago about Dorian Josey from Rockledge H.S. who also commited to FAU.

A friend of mine knows the Josey family as they attend the same church in Rockledge. My friend's mother who is now retired was the principal at Rockledge H.S. for many years. I live not far from there in Cocoa Beach.
Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

illinoisowl said

FAU had one of the biggest signing classes in the country, 32 so far. What is the strategy with a class that size? Isn't there a limit per year on signings? Are some blue and gray shirts?
Posted On: Feb 7th 2019, 10:41 AM #385067

I've read that we've got a few grey shirts (who will count against our 2020 class). And that, at least one of our transfers (more I'd imagine), will count against last year's class (2018), where we didn't take a full-load (19/25 I think?).

It's a matter of pride but, every article I've read this afternoon, was written before our "final" numbers reported. If you check now, we're about one spot back from UCF (not a Baker's dozen). I shouldn't care. I'm very happy with this class.
Posted On: Feb 7th 2019, 12:09 PM #385069

Yes agreed, but then today the Orlando Sentinel sports writer Chris Hays puts his two cents into play grading the results from the different FL schools and how they did also.

Obviously he has some bias towards Gatorland and UnderConstructionForvever.

2019 National Signing Day Grades: UF, UCF build on already stellar recruiting classes | Commentary - Orlando Sentinel

Back to the top

Hays seems to have a very subjective assessment. UCF ranks one ahead of FAU on 247 with a smaller class. FAU picked up a couple of 2* which made a slight avg diff. USF is in the 70s.

I guess objective reporting is a thing of the past, unfortunately. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

REALLY BAD article. UCF's "big 3" additions - how about ONLY 3!!!!

FAU at 56 behind UCF at 55 and they get a great grade and we get a what??????
Back to the top

***NON HOMER POST ALERT***

FAU Owls, C-

:Thinking:

With all serious and fandom aside, and truly just looking at things objectively, Hayes (like all other reporters) is proving that he truly needs to do more research and deserves the:

Back to the top

This FAU class looks great (on paper). Lots of athletes, some good size at some important positions. My one question is how did we end up with 5 running backs? Does that seem like a red flag to anyone else? They all seem to be highly sought after and really talented guys but man that’s a lot of guys that need the ball to help the team. 
Back to the top

What a great class and is certainly A great great day, especially Coming off of the disappointing season. I too noticed that we have a ton of highly rated running backs. Obviously our players leaving early for the NFL has had a huge impact for our reputation. We flipped a lot of kids and who wants to play in Illinois or some far out place in the middle of nowhere when they can come here. It seems like these kids are super excited. Can’t believe we got Wynn. But perhaps would’ve been nice to snag another top flight receiver. What I don’t understand is why are we the go to place for running backs Bc of Motor and Kerrith and not the go to place for receivers considering Durante left early. And we have 2 qbs with serious potential getting ready to duke it out to see who’s starter the next few years. I would’ve assumed receivers would flock here
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

What a great class and is certainly A great great day, especially Coming off of the disappointing season. I too noticed that we have a ton of highly rated running backs. Obviously our players leaving early for the NFL has had a huge impact for our reputation. We flipped a lot of kids and who wants to play in Illinois or some far out place in the middle of nowhere when they can come here. It seems like these kids are super excited. Can’t believe we got Wynn. But perhaps would’ve been nice to snag another top flight receiver. What I don’t understand is why are we the go to place for running backs Bc of Motor and Kerrith and not the go to place for receivers considering Durante left early. And we have 2 qbs with serious potential getting ready to duke it out to see who’s starter the next few years. I would’ve assumed receivers would flock here
Posted On: Feb 7th 2019, 3:15 PM #385078
I would assume inconsistency at QB. Does it not seem like we have a battle every off season? If i'm a receiver, I want to go somewhere that I can gel with the QB and be his go to guy. When the next QB steps in, your reputation precedes you and you just starting geling with him too and showing him why you're THE guy. Marshall had that last QB for 3-4 years and they picked up good receivers over his tenure, Same at MTSU, Same at North Texas. If we can show receivers some consistency and continuity between QB's maybe they would be more inclined to join us. What's it matter if you end up starter and have a carousel of QB's that you have to get used to and not show your best skills. Probably PART of why Durante left, it probably looked like he'd have a sure thing at QB with Robison going into last year and hell who knows if he starts this year, I bet we still have a legit QB battle up till kickoff in Columbus.
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Did anyone else know about this?

Terrell Owens, Warren Sapp's Sons Commit to Play for Lane Kiffin at FAU

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2819622-terrell-owens-warren-sapps-sons-commit-to-play-for-lane-kiffin-at-fau

I know those guys will have to prove themselves but it shows their confidence in Kiffin's program.
Posted On: Feb 7th 2019, 11:34 AM #385068

The Kiffin/Sapp combo has been pretty good in the past
Back to the top
Control functions: