Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 FAU Football Recruiting Discussion

Add topic

A thread for all your FAU Football 2021 class discussion and questions.

I will also provide small updates in this thread as well.

So far, here is who is in:

• Julilas Barfield- DE, 6-4, 220 lbs, Eau Gallie high school (Melbourne, FL)
• Dwight Dassaw- DE, 6-1, 225 lbs, Miami Palmetto (Miami, FL)
• Reginald Davis- RB, 5-11, 180 lbs, Robert E. Lee (Montgomery, AL)
• Okino KIng- OL,  6-2, 298 lbs, Miami Northwestern ( Miami, FL)
• Zuberi Mobley- RB, 5-10, 170 lbs, Miami Northwestern (Miami, FL)
• Jaden Sandlin- OL, 6-6, 260 lbs, Tampa Catholic (Tampa, FL)
• Jordan Sandin- OL 6-6, 290 lbs, Tampa Catholic (Tampa, FL)
• Jadai Smith- DB 6-2, 170, Dr.Phillips High School (Orlando, FL)

Go Owls!
Back to the top

Yes, this was a significant land:

Back to the top

What an amazing job by everyone 
Back to the top

Imho,  OLmen is the toughest position to find, sign and develop. They are in high demand.
Back to the top

Owls just added another OL, this time from Cardinal Gibbons:

Would expect the grade to be adjusted given the legitimate offers that are held. Seems a bit off.
Back to the top

I can not emphasize enough how big having 4 line commits in the month of June is.

Back to the top

Oh yes you can. I've never seen this before. Find a need ….fix a need. If coach T can keep a steady flow of quality OLmen coming in, our O will be fun to watch. Or mrs.T told him to protect her baby (possibly  the future qb) and start bringing in big, athletic bodues.
Back to the top

What did I say about the off-season changes. Patrick is a monster when it comes to coaching and recruiting. He was a great player too. He was an All American. People had no clue what an amazing hire it was. And he’s from here. The guy has NC rings. The rest of the staff is great too. And I have total confidence in Taggart being in charge of the offense.
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

I can not emphasize enough how big having 4 line commits in the month of June is.

Posted On: Jun 8th 2020, 3:51 PM #395045

Not having our QB have to run around the backfield for dear life would be nice.

Hopefully we have some options for chew up the clock offense as well.

Back to the top

One other reason why I’m very happy that Taggart is our coach is because he could be here a long time. It’s legendary how unrealistic FSU fans are. Because of that, Taggart might need a few great years here before he gets another P5 shot. I vehemently disagree with the fans who basically made it impossible for Taggart to fix the FSU program. Because of that, I guess he needs to rebuild his reputation. 
He took over, after 3 great coaching performances, a team that needed to reschedule a terrible FCS I think team to get to a bowl game. They lost to BC 35-3 that year. And they were probably way behind in S&C. Faced with this information, the majority of FSU fans would still blame Taggart. It’s out right epic in how distorted they are. And because of that, Taggart needs to rebuild his reputation which to me he never lost. That might be why he’s getting so many recruits because he will probably be here a while. But it’s obviously also because he’s skilled in recruiting and is the real deal. The staff he hired is off the charts. That alone should silence any doubter.
Back to the top
Control functions: