Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 FAU Football Recruiting Discussion

Add topic

NJOWL said

Brown looks legit: size, speed, instincts. Welcome aboard! 

As for Ucf: we should do everything we can to emulate them. The NCAA record book recognizes them as national champions. It’s a fact that they won a national championship. They didn’t pull any stunts. 

As for us: I love where we are. Will I welcome a move up? Absolutely. But I’m totally ok with dominating cusa & potentially competing for a NY6 bowl. 
Posted On: Jun 27th 2020, 3:16 PM #395227

This. We go undefeated with the schedules we play, we’re in a NY6 bowl for sure. It will take an upset over a P5 team but it can be done
Back to the top

I'm not sure how this became part of the recruiting conversation but… If the playoff expands to eight teams, with one guaranteed spot for G5, that also (probably) guarantees that only one G5 will be included during any given year. And it won't always be the case that only one or even any are deserving that year.  Any playoff reform needs to focus on transitioning from a subjective selection process to an objective. The process should be that, any given idiot with a calculator or enough scratch paper, could cough-up those X teams.

It's fun (if not odd) to be leading the recruiting rankings this early out. I wonder, like no or few Pro Days for draftees and UDFAs, how will senior year adjustments be made for these ratings. And sure, gold stars and thirty-five cent will get you a local call but… It's not all worthless pats-on-the-back. Recruiting begets recruiting and eventually those stars-on-stars mean something. They can call'm diamonds in the rough cause the most of it is the rough.
Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

I'm not sure how this became part of the recruiting conversation but… If the playoff expands to eight teams, with one guaranteed spot for G5, that also (probably) guarantees that only one G5 will be included during any given year. And it won't always be the case that only one or even any are deserving that year.  Any playoff reform needs to focus on transitioning from a subjective selection process to an objective. The process should be that, any given idiot with a calculator or enough scratch paper, could cough-up those X teams.

It's fun (if not odd) to be leading the recruiting rankings this early out. I wonder, like no or few Pro Days for draftees and UDFAs, how will senior year adjustments be made for these ratings. And sure, gold stars and thirty-five cent will get you a local call but… It's not all worthless pats-on-the-back. Recruiting begets recruiting and eventually those stars-on-stars mean something. They can call'm diamonds in the rough cause the most of it is the rough.
Posted On: Jun 28th 2020, 12:22 AM #395232

Shane made a good point in the podcast that we are establishing ourselves as a destination for guys who were rated highly from this area, left home, figured as a 18-19 year old it’s a tough proposition to do so, and come back to US because they got a good shot at playing right away. A few names that we’ve benefited from over the years in that type of situation: Jovan Durante, Dangelo Antoine, Nick Tronti, Junior Diaz, etc.
Back to the top

Jeremiah Brown
Jymetre Hester
Reginald Davis
Justice Cross
Jayden Williams

Do you know why the players above have not been rated yet in the 247sports website?
I believe Williams does not even show listed.
Back to the top

I have also noticed quite a size varience from one site to another. Hard to know the truth.  
Back to the top

It's important to remember with the lack of camps and spring practiced it has made it difficult for the recruiting sites to get updated measurements and see the kids for additional evaluations.

Some players might have a rating from one but none from the other two.

It is why you do not see a composite from 247.

Justice Cross has a 247 ranking, but not one from the other two services that are factored into the score.
Back to the top

Little catch fans.

Out of State linebacker, Jason Henderson announced FAU in his top 4.

This would be a big-time steal for the Owls.  2020 signee Alex Atcavage is friends with Henderson and has been helping in the recruiting efforts.
Back to the top

William Ford is a highly sought after TE from North Carolina,

FAU has made the top 6, but Boston College just jumped into the mix with an offer today.
Back to the top

Owl fans expect some more good news on the recruiting end tonight.  :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

I’ve been fully expecting the DL recruiting to pick up by signing day and be one of the strengths of this class. Not that I’m ever right, but I wouldn’t be surprised if by the end of the day it’s our best looking position.
Back to the top
Control functions: