Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 FAU Football Recruiting Discussion

Add topic

General question. Are there more 3* recruits as a whole now than 10 years ago? I know generally speaking, the top 50? Are 5* then the next 250? are 4*. Is there a number for 3*? It’s amazing how we went from being excited to get Stinson our first 3* to now all of our recruits are 3* or better
Back to the top

owlmart said

General question. Are there more 3* recruits as a whole now than 10 years ago? I know generally speaking, the top 50? Are 5* then the next 250? are 4*. Is there a number for 3*? It’s amazing how we went from being excited to get Stinson our first 3* to now all of our recruits are 3* or better
Posted On: Jul 20th 2020, 10:45 AM #395386

Yes, there are.

You have to remember 247 10 years ago was only in their infancy and how they rank players have changed a lot since then.

They do rankings based on where a player might end up in the NFL.

It's why they only have 32 five stars at the end of the cycle.

32 for 32 first-round picks.

The 3 star has become a bit of a catch-all as there is a wide gap between your top and bottom 3 star.

A high composite three-star is guy with a lot of NFL upside, but a lower three-star is basically lower P5 guy or G5 starter.

Rivals and ESPN rates similarly, but some of the lower 3-star guys on 247 fall as 2 star in their models.

I would not so much pay attention to the stars as the composite rating which factors all three sites.
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

owlmart said

Posted On: Jul 20th 2020, 10:45 AM #395386

Yes, there are.

You have to remember 247 10 years ago was only in their infancy and how they rank players have changed a lot since then.

They do rankings based on where a player might end up in the NFL.

It's why they only have 32 five stars at the end of the cycle.

32 for 32 first-round picks.

The 3 star has become a bit of a catch-all as there is a wide gap between your top and bottom 3 star.

A high composite three-star is guy with a lot of NFL upside, but a lower three-star is basically lower P5 guy or G5 starter.

Rivals and ESPN rates similarly, but some of the lower 3-star guys on 247 fall as 2 star in their models.

I would not so much pay attention to the stars as the composite rating which factors all three sites.
Posted On: Jul 20th 2020, 12:02 PM #395387
Thank you for that explanation!

Back to the top

Back to the top

Willy is just killing it. He and his staff are great recruiters. Let’s go Owls 🦉!!!! 
Back to the top

All aboard the Willie Wagon!!! There’s always room for speed!!!!

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Looks REAL GOOD in that ALL RED UNI!
Back to the top

Can't coach someone to get significantly faster. Must be a gift. I don't have the numbers but it feels like we should be done at wr.  How many do we usually sign?
Back to the top

Just checked commitment list. Four wr's committed. I think the transfers is what made me think we were looking at too many. This kid looks good. He and Hester  would be a tough combo
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Just checked commitment list. Four wr's committed. I think the transfers is what made me think we were looking at too many. This kid looks good. He and Hester  would be a tough combo
Posted On: Jul 23rd 2020, 5:32 AM #395423

T.J.Chase, Aaron Young, John Mitchell, and Willie Wright are all seniors.

After them, there is a big drop off in exerince.

I was told by sources that WR was major prioroity in this class.

They have excecuted that plan and have got some top level talent in.
Back to the top
Control functions: