Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 FAU Football Recruiting Discussion

Add topic

It is obvious they were concentrating on wr.  If we can keep this group, it a huge success. Looking at our O today and in the future, every position looks solid. We have an unproven line. But that comes,along at a slower pace. I truly am impressed,with the recruiting capability of these coaches. With Robison leading today and Sanders in the future, I think it's an easy sell.
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

owlmart said

General question. Are there more 3* recruits as a whole now than 10 years ago? I know generally speaking, the top 50? Are 5* then the next 250? are 4*. Is there a number for 3*? It’s amazing how we went from being excited to get Stinson our first 3* to now all of our recruits are 3* or better
Posted On: Jul 20th 2020, 10:45 AM #395386

Yes, there are.

You have to remember 247 10 years ago was only in their infancy and how they rank players have changed a lot since then.

They do rankings based on where a player might end up in the NFL.

It's why they only have 32 five stars at the end of the cycle.

32 for 32 first-round picks.

The 3 star has become a bit of a catch-all as there is a wide gap between your top and bottom 3 star.

A high composite three-star is guy with a lot of NFL upside, but a lower three-star is basically lower P5 guy or G5 starter.

Rivals and ESPN rates similarly, but some of the lower 3-star guys on 247 fall as 2 star in their models.

I would not so much pay attention to the stars as the composite rating which factors all three sites.
Posted On: Jul 20th 2020, 12:02 PM #395387

I agree.

5 stars have all the tools and are already developed physically.   4 stars usually have most tools,  3 star usually have most tools but need more development.   2 star need development of tools and physically.  

Stars really only matter for skill positions away from football. WR,RB QBs and DBs. For LB and both lines stars don't mean much bc they almost always have to add muscle and lose fat.  I always look who offered to determine the grade of most recruits.  

Of course ratings don't count in mental capacity for game and academic ability. In the end stars mean a lot but are not a guarantee of college success, so much is development of players and their work ethic.
Back to the top

Went and checked out future Owls in 2021 revciver commits Jahmal Edrine and Fred Eaford get some work in.
Back to the top

Fred Eaford is one of the most talented receivers in South Florida.
Back to the top

Edrine has a big-time size and speed combo.
Back to the top

I think it’s time to look elsewhere for QB’s now. We have a lot to offer a really good high school QB even higher than 3 stars. We have a lot of talent and it’s easier to dominate at this level than at P5. I think we should assume Sanders is gone. 
Back to the top

I think that is a good assumption.
Back to the top

Does anybody know about Kevaris Thomas?
FAU offered this 4-star QB back in 2017
Is it worth pursuing?
He just entered the transfer portal
https://247sports.com/Player/Kevaris-Thomas-45573422/TimelineEvents/
Back to the top

IMHO, no, not worth pursuing. 
Back to the top

The Owls get their second de-commit of the 2021 cycle in junior college defensive end Nick Evans.

With the early signing period just over three weeks away, FAU fans should expect more movement in the class.

There are currently over 300 kids in the 2021 transfer portal, and the season has not ended. This will leave programs all over the country, thinking about how much space they have.

Remember, teams can only take 25 scholarship players a year, so programs all over the country will be decided between highschool athletes and players in the portal.

The dynamics of recruiting are changing before our eyes.
Back to the top
Control functions: