Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 FAU Football Recruiting Discussion

Add topic

Early signing day is Wed., Shane how many are expected to sign then?
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Early signing day is Wed., Shane how many are expected to sign then?
Posted On: Dec 12th 2020, 9:19 AM #398926

We will have more details on that to come.  :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

A question for FAU and ALL programs - how are they affording to bring in a new class AND pay for all the returners from this years pass on eligibility not counting against the players this year?
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

A question for FAU and ALL programs - how are they affording to bring in a new class AND pay for all the returners from this years pass on eligibility not counting against the players this year?
Posted On: Dec 15th 2020, 8:32 AM #399023

Great question with a somewhat complex answer.

So, with the NCCA hard cap of 25 players a year with both transfers and highschool kids it has a limited team in their ability to use all their scholarships.

When teams have an attrition rate of more than 15 kids over 4 years it becomes nearly impossible to get to 85 scholarships.

Almost all the schools around the county are under the 85 scholarship mark and can not fill them because they are maxed out on the 25 cap.

Whenever you lose a player to transfer or quits etc it becomes a wasted scholarship.

That's why all the guys that flaked out in Lane's classes are killing us now.

Let's say you graduate 23 seniors another 5 transfer and 3 more get kicked off the team, you can replace 25 of them.

When FAU takes 25 new guys from high school and the portal for the 2021 class they will still be well under the 85 man limit because of past transfers and guys who never panned out.

It's why Lane's risks hurt so much.

You can only replace so many Nero Nelsons or Xavier Roberts.

This can only grow if/when we have guys that opted out not return or any of our players who enter the portal.

The school will most likely ask seniors to return to fill those gaps as they do not count against a class since they are already on scholarship.

Back to the top

Is there a website that tracks available scholarships in any given school? And, if not, do we at least know how far below the cap we are (I assume we can't simply count the roster, I mean, obviously some of those kids are walk-on slots, right?)?
Back to the top

I guess that is one reason so many teams cannot meet the minimum scholly level to play games with Covid added on top of that. That is he reason SMU is using to not play in the Bowl and the irony is their Bowl opponent was UTSA who will now play a different Bowl game in the SMU stadium!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

@Georgia owl, Wow.,never even crossed my mind. And I'm always looking at things from a busibess/ money angle.  My answer is , I don't  have a clue. This is even new for the ncaa. Now im really interested to find the true answer.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

@Georgia owl, Wow.,never even crossed my mind. And I'm always looking at things from a busibess/ money angle.  My answer is , I don't  have a clue. This is even new for the ncaa. Now im really interested in finding the true answer.
Posted On: Dec 15th 2020, 2:09 PM #399033

The answer is most teams will bring seniors back and just pass or not at all 85 scholarship players because the seniors will be filling the gaps of guys lost from classes years prior.
Back to the top

So the rules will remain the same? No adjustments for next year and next year only?
Back to the top

http://www.hudl.com/v/2EWeCf

I think this is kid edrine is a steal. Check out his hudl. Hearing miami wanted to take a strong look at him. Notice a trend here big physical recievers. Notice how big and physical taggart’s recievers were at other stops. Cant wait until our wide reciever room is physically imposing.

Back to the top
Control functions: