Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 FAU Football Recruiting Discussion

Add topic

This football team surprises me every week.
Welcome Jacob!
I wonder if players in high school hear the name FAU and immediately recognize who we are and our location.
For example, if you tell me "Liberty", I would be like who?
Back to the top

AND more help at LB…Shane has a story coming tonight!

(this guy is definitely a diamond in the ruff, IMHO)

Back to the top

Really like where the coaches are concentrating their recruiting efforts. Solid players. BUT, LaTech is putting together an  unbelievable  list.
Back to the top

I’ve always felt Florida Atlantic is a great name. Things like location make a big difference. But the college’s name makes a bigger difference than people might think. I’m glad people know we’re right by the Atlantic Ocean. 
South Florida and Central Florida are terrible names.
Back to the top

We should be named South Florida.

The fact that they are is simply ridiculous, there is nothing south about them, they are west Florida.

That is all.
Back to the top

I don’t understand why we should be called South Florida. It’s a generic name and everyone knows that Miami is in South Florida so it’s not even an advantage at all. They’ve sure used the name well by having 1 good season in their college’s history, with our coach of course. Florida Atlantic is an amazing name.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I don’t understand why we should be called South Florida. It’s a generic name and everyone knows that Miami is in South Florida so it’s not even an advantage at all. They’ve sure used the name well by having 1 good season in their college’s history, with our coach of course. Florida Atlantic is an amazing name.
Posted On: Jun 26th 2020, 5:53 PM #395216

Let’s not forget that their claim to fame was 2007 when they were ranked as high as #2 and WE almost beat them
Back to the top

They are 5 years older than us and have double the endowment.

They beat us to the punch IMHO.

For years no one understood the brand name Florida Atlantic…and to be honest they still don't as we are constantly confused with FIU by the media.

South Florida would have been perfect in 1961.
Back to the top

You do know the history of Florida Atlantic. We haven’t been a traditional 4 year school until recently. Although I’m fascinated by FAU going back to the beginning. The history of our school is very interesting.
I’d never want our school to be called South Florida. I have no idea why you feel that way. That name is derivative and terrible. So is Central Florida. Who wants that to be your name.

If people get confused it’s probably because we haven’t made our serious move yet. We still need to make the top 25. If we are the G5 team to make the NY6 bowl then that’ll make our popularity explode and everyone will know our name. If we get not just in the top 25 but deep it’ll be everyone knowing us. Then we could maybe move into the P5. FIU is always going to be in Miami’s shadow. And UCF has no shot at the P5 with the stunts they’ve pulled. USF has no chance.
Back to the top

What UCF “pulled” was genius because it united their fan base, creating talking about unfair the FBS playoff system is, and happen to sell millions in merchandise.

Moving up conferences only has to do with who you can make money for.

When FAU played in the CUSA champ game, no other conference looked at us and “what a bright future they they have”’ they said “why is there only 5k people there.

We have to increase our fan base. 

The best we can hope for is to recruit and dominate at this level and hope the playoff expands to 8 teams with one G5 spot.

Back to the top
Control functions: