Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2021 FAU Football Recruiting Discussion

Add topic

Back to Brown though.

He will end up being one of the more higher rated guys.

Is film is very similar to Azeez.

Back to the top

I’ve been saying that we do have a lot to offer to a P5 conference. We have the entire Palm Beach County market. Plus at least parts of Broward and even a little north of PBC. On top of that we have a vibrant campus that is always high for b lists of student population diversity. UCF and USF aren’t close to us as far as that is concerned.Building a fan base doesn’t necessarily have to be gradually. It can be instantaneously if we pull off a big upset.
Ok, so UCF’s ridiculously immature stunt made them millions in UCF merchandise sales. And they have a decent amount of fans. But what happens when the football program falls back down to earth. Reduced attendance and fan interest. 
A few years ago there was big talk about UCF going P5. Now there isn’t. So it could’ve ended up costing them a lot more than temporary merchandise sales. 
You have to understand we can go from where we are now to 1 great season and all of a sudden people take notice of the market we have.
Back to the top

If UCF football comes back down to earth; the program won't lose fans. UCF is great school with 60K+ students and their conference has nice teams to watch on a saturday afternoon. As of today, UCF is ranked in the top 25 and everybody in the college football world knows who they are.
FAU is not close to that.
FAU needs to dominate C-USA and two conference championships don't mean we are dominating.
If FAU pulls off a major upset; it won't make a huge difference in attendance. Look at FIU, beating a really bad Miami team did not mean that much.
Back to the top

You do understand that UCF is hated by the P5 conferences with the stunts they pulled and will never move up because of it. Who cares how many students they have. We will eventually pass them in everything. 
Their image will never recover after the ridiculous Fake NC parade. They basically told the major conferences to, just fill in the blank. 
This acting like UCF is so much better than us is ridiculous. You know they were ranked 24 with like 79 votes and we were 27 with around 50 votes. Their not this amazing college. We have a better shot at P5 than them.
Back to the top

Back to Brown.  Gsdsden county ,Florida.  Not much there. Brown is from Havana. My brother lives in Quincy.  I texted him and asked if he knew the kid. My brother phoned his friend that knows just aboht every player up there. All his friend said is that Brown is a "Bad ass  with huge potential". Coming from this guy, that is a heck of a compliment. Let's get him qualified , signed, and in Boca.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

You do know the history of Florida Atlantic. We haven’t been a traditional 4 year school until recently.
Posted On: Jun 26th 2020, 8:17 PM #395219

Yes, I graduated from FAU, worked for the university for nine years, and have ran this website for 10+ years since leaving.

:Winking:

Back to the top

Brown looks legit: size, speed, instincts. Welcome aboard! 

As for Ucf: we should do everything we can to emulate them. The NCAA record book recognizes them as national champions. It’s a fact that they won a national championship. They didn’t pull any stunts. 

As for us: I love where we are. Will I welcome a move up? Absolutely. But I’m totally ok with dominating cusa & potentially competing for a NY6 bowl. 

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Yes Rick,  but do you know about  FAU?
Back to the top

I’m not the one trying to be South Florida University. But joking aside, we’re in a great spot. UCF shot themselves in their foot. We can be the best, most attractive team in Florida when it comes to potentially moving up. All it takes is 1 great year and people will be talking about moving up.
And 1 more thing. I don’t think the system is terrible and that there should be 8 playoff spots with 1 guaranteed for a G5 team. So we should complain? There’s already a team in our state that had complained enough. Complaining about how unfair the system is like UCF when they basically only beat NC State is not going to be constructive. UCF has no business being in a playoff period. And we shouldn’t complain about it either. I’m not bitter and don’t think the system is unfair. And none of us should be.
Back to the top

We are FAU!
Back to the top
Control functions: