Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

3 Star DB Rashard Causey Decommits, Recommits to FAUFab15

Add topic

Tim FAU98 said

GeorgiaOwl said

These guys are gonna get pressured and lied to and you name it by the BigBoys just to pad their bench! Stay strong young men, be LEADERS and not followers!
Posted On: Jul 25th 2014, 4:07 PM #332819

How do you know we don't lie to recruits?  How many recruits were promised a stadium?

Posted On: Jul 25th 2014, 4:30 PM #332821

Not sure this was a "lie"…I just think it took longer than HS thought it would due to various factors.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Rick said

"Three-star cornerback Rashard Causey of Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas committed to Florida Atlantic back in April, but said the strength of his commitment is only 50 percent. He's also mapped out five official visits to Florida State, South Carolina, Wisconsin, Miami and Michigan."

Timeline:

Commits.
Speaks to Wisconsin Rivals reporter and says he has decomitted.
Recants decomittment once it is made public in Rivals article after pressure.
Tells FAU coaches via phone that he is still committed.
Publishes a tweet with no hash tag or enthusiasm to reaffirm the Owls.
Goes back to the well and speaks to another Rivals reporter and lays a soft stance rather than decommit.

Time to pull the offer and just move on…too much drama which weighs against momentum for others who know what the word means.
Posted On: Aug 14th 2014, 10:09 PM #333276

Not many 3-star recruits take 5 official visits. Not many recruits take 4 official visits before mid-october unless they are a top-25 player and enrolling early. How is he going to travel to FSU, Michigan, South Carolina and Wisconsin when his team plays on Friday nights? Looks like a smoke screen to me.
Back to the top

Andrew said

Rick said

"Three-star cornerback Rashard Causey of Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas committed to Florida Atlantic back in April, but said the strength of his commitment is only 50 percent. He's also mapped out five official visits to Florida State, South Carolina, Wisconsin, Miami and Michigan."

Timeline:

Commits.
Goes back to the well and speaks to another Rivals reporter and lays a soft stance rather than decommit.

Time to pull the offer and just move on…too much drama which weighs against momentum for others who know what the word means.

Not many 3-star recruits take 5 official visits. Not many recruits take 4 official visits before November either. Looks like a smoke screen to me.
Posted On: Aug 15th 2014, 11:14 AM #333287

So do u think he's staying Andrew? Congrats on the new gig btw
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Andrew said

Rick said

Timeline:

Commits.

Not many 3-star recruits take 5 official visits. Not many recruits take 4 official visits before November either. Looks like a smoke screen to me.

So do u think he's staying Andrew? Congrats on the new gig btw
Posted On: Aug 15th 2014, 11:20 AM #333289

Thanks.

I think he's trying to play the recruiting game to his advantage. I think if there was some legitimate interest from  those schools he's thinking of taking official visits too, he would be committed to one of them.
Back to the top

Two things I've learned over the years. 1. One recruit will not make or break a recruiting year. Some kids think highly of themselves and want to keep talking about their offers. Don't worry about it. 2. We only want kids at FAU Football that truly want to be at FAU Football. If their hearts are not in it, let them go else where. Our coaches are tearing up the recruiting trail. We will still get the surprise "get" before this is all over. FAU Football is on the rise with or without Causey or his cousin.
Back to the top

Andrew said

…How is he going to travel to FSU, Michigan, South Carolina and Wisconsin when his team plays on Friday nights? Looks like a smoke screen to me.

Good point!

Back to the top

POST-MORTEM:

So he says he had 20 offers and picks UCF because it was his best opportunity.

In the end, he said despite formerly committing to Florida Atlantic University, going on a successful visit to Wisconsin and even receiving offers from UF and Miami, picking UCF as home was the best for him.

I am with Andrew on this one.

NO WAY.

Not spurned, or bitter that he didn't sign with FAU, just saying that there is no way this guy had the attention he claims.

However, he may have a future as a marketing executive. Definitely was successful as creating a buzz about himself.

For now, he can "compete for a spot".

UCF signee looks to shine as a Knight, compete for spot

Back to the top

Rick said

I am with Andrew on this one.

NO WAY.

Not spurned, or bitter that he didn't sign with FAU, just saying that there is no way this guy had the attention he claims.
Posted On: Feb 25th 2015, 10:06 PM #342761

+1
Back to the top

Rick said

POST-MORTEM:

20 offers and he didn't pick a Power 5 conference school?!
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

Rick said

POST-MORTEM:

20 offers and he didn't pick a Power 5 conference school?!

Posted On: Feb 26th 2015, 12:27 PM #342764

Something doesn't smell right. It certainly didn't after his decommitment when he said something to the effect of, "I'm open to pretty much anybody right now" which makes me think we pulled our offer. And wth whatever due respect to UCF, why would you take that offer over UF if it was a legitimate offer from the Gators?

Whatever. Doesn't matter. He's gone now.
Back to the top
Control functions: