Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Booker T. Washington LB James King Commits to FAU Football

Add topic

Rick said

King visited Arkansas this weekend, but says that he is still weighing his options.

Would keep an eye on him though…
Posted On: Jan 25th 2015, 10:38 PM #341178

Looks like it will hinge on whether he gets an offer to Ark or not. Which hinges on whether or not another guy commits.

Ah, the tangled web of recruiting.
Back to the top

Rick said

Rick said

King visited Arkansas this weekend, but says that he is still weighing his options.

Would keep an eye on him though…
Posted On: Jan 25th 2015, 10:38 PM #341178

Looks like it will hinge on whether he gets an offer to Ark or not. Which hinges on whether or not another guy commits.

Ah, the tangled web of recruiting.
Posted On: Jan 27th 2015, 11:20 AM #341237

Strange thing is, if he does get the Ark offer and accepts, people will complain that we are losing all of our commits to P5 schools.  If he doesn't get the offer then we are only beating out lower tier schools.
Back to the top

owlmart said

Strange thing is, if he does get the Ark offer and accepts, people will complain that we are losing all of our commits to P5 schools.  If he doesn't get the offer then we are only beating out lower tier schools.
Posted On: Jan 27th 2015, 11:22 AM #341238

+1

Marshall, UCF, USF, and UTAH on his ledger.

We would have likely killed three years ago to have someone who had an offer from any ONE of them, let alone all four.
Back to the top

This is where I have to agree with OC40, we have to start WINNING our games, the majority at least, to WIN these better recruits over. It will happen though, it will happen!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

This is where I have to agree with OC40, we have to start WINNING our games, the majority at least, to WIN these better recruits over. It will happen though, it will happen!
Posted On: Jan 27th 2015, 3:36 PM #341242

But OC40 thinks you need the better recruits to win the majority of the games….see how that works?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

The old which came first, the chicken or the egg right! We have done ok (barely) the past two tears by beating up on lesser teams and mostly losing very close games to  equal teams. And that is with our past (mostly) level of "poor" recruiting and losing nearly all better quality resruits to the Marshalls and NIU's not to mention WV and Iowa St. types.

Too bad we could not hang onto all those close losses this past year or we may not have lost any recruits. So holding onto this quality level of recruiting class while going 3-9 is pretty darn good with better days ahead as we seek to rise to the Marshall/NIU level and beyond.
Back to the top

Per Ryan Bartow with 247 Jan 27:

"Just spoke with King's head coach, Tim Harris, Jr.

King will be sticking with FAU and signing with the Owls."
Back to the top

Rick said

Per Ryan Bartow with 247 Jan 27:

"Just spoke with King's head coach, Tim Harris, Jr.

King will be sticking with FAU and signing with the Owls."
Posted On: Jan 29th 2015, 9:58 AM #341294

That's great news!  :cool:
Back to the top

I love it. Hate getting the info through so many channels. But , if it is fact, that is great news for us. If
everybody signs, we loaded up on DB's and LB's, OL, and WR's. Next year coaches 3 BIG ,UGLY, MEAN , SPIT IN YOUR FACE DEFENSIVE LINEMEN.
Back to the top

FOUR! :cool:
Back to the top
Control functions: