Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

BREAKING: Penn State WR John Dunmore Announces Transfer to FAU

Add topic

I’ve seen high school players a receiver in particular who looked amazing but couldn’t make it in the P5.

We want everything to work out but high school receiver recruits have a better chance of being successful here than the P5 transfers.

These guys are coming here as failures on the big stage. Obviously you want to think it’ll work out. But it could also be 4 years of nothing.

How good they looked in high school is meaningless. That’s not where the story ends. The story ends at them not being good enough for P5.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I’ve seen high school players a receiver in particular who looked amazing but couldn’t make it in the P5.

We want everything to work out but high school receiver recruits have a better chance of being successful here than the P5 transfers.

These guys are coming here as failures on the big stage. Obviously you want to think it’ll work out. But it could also be 4 years of nothing.

How good they looked in high school is meaningless. That’s not where the story ends. The story ends at them not being good enough for P5.
Posted On: Dec 18th 2020, 9:54 AM #399156

None of our WR Play has been good over the last couple of years. Not HS, Juco, or transfers… Our best WR here is a P5 transfer in chase. 
Back to the top

Again, Coaching??? Player development is on THEM! Team preparation and team readiness and play calling is on THEM!
Back to the top

I will add to that post however, player coachability IS on the players. I HAVE experienced in my time excellent, very talented players who would not be Coached up to become even better. Fortunately, I have experienced MANY more lesser "ability" players who WOULD take coaching, apply it and work with it and just blow past the more talented ones and become PLAYERS!
Back to the top

You said the past couple years receiver play has been bad?

In 2019 the receivers were great. They were all recruited here out of high school.

The only transfer was Antoine from USF. And he made big plays at USF which is the rule I have for a transfer to have any chance to be successful.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

You said the past couple years receiver play has been bad?

In 2019 the receivers were great. They were all recruited here out of high school.

The only transfer was Antoine from USF. And he made big plays at USF which is the rule I have for a transfer to have any chance to be successful.
Posted On: Dec 18th 2020, 10:58 AM #399160

Antonie only had 25 catches and under 300 yards in three seasons before coming here.

Research your own rule.

FAU has had one true break 800 yards in the last four seasons

Durante, who was a transfer and never broke 400 yards in two seasons at WVU.
Back to the top

I said big plays not total yards. Antoine had multiple 80 yard td’s at USF. 

You can’t just look at stats with Durante. He was undependable with no hands and only put up those “numbers” because there were no other receivers to throw to. It’s not exactly like Wright is dangerous on intermediate to long routes.

Durante is as awful as all of them have been except Antoine. I don’t see any of these P5 transfer receivers playing on Sundays. You have to admit at some point that you still have a lot to learn. It takes a lot of experience to be able to judge how these things happen. You need to have followed college football not only bad teams but seen the best players of all time in person on a regular basis to be able to judge who is good. 
Back to the top

I do agree with JFG, as I do prefer developing our own players, but if a top local kid spends a year up north and misses home and wants to spend 3-4 years down here.

WELCOME HOME! :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I said big plays not total yards. Antoine had multiple 80 yard td’s at USF. 

You can’t just look at stats with Durante. He was undependable with no hands and only put up those “numbers” because there were no other receivers to throw to. It’s not exactly like Wright is dangerous on intermediate to long routes.

At this point I’ve been right about every single transfer.

You have to admit at some point that you still have a lot to learn. It takes a lot of experience to be able to judge how these things happen. You need to have followed college football not only bad teams but seen the best players of all time in person on a regular basis to be able to judge who is good. 
Posted On: Dec 18th 2020, 11:45 AM #399162

He did not have one that broke 40…….

Back to the top

He had a 64 yard kickoff return. I wrote before the 2019 season that Antoine could be good because of that. Just so I’m being accurate I’m going to find that post.
Back to the top
Control functions: