Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Breaking: QB N'Kosi Perry Transfers to FAU Football

Add topic

Perry is definitely different than the guys listed above
Back to the top

The Owls Nest QB "Bandwagon" continues! You guys have gone from Willie Jr.(@Elman stoupidity) to Posey, to Michael Johnson Jr.! Now your onto Perry. We'll see! Perhaps he should have just stayed at UM and finished what he started,,,, Kyle Trask style. Local kid or not!

Our QB room is good right now and getting better everyday!

At least maybe there won't be 3 different offensive coaches (HC being one) telling Tronti and the others to do 3 differnt things this year!
Back to the top

Bucs1 said

The Owls Nest QB "Bandwagon" continues! You guys have gone from Willie Jr.(@Elman stoupidity) to Posey, to Michael Johnson Jr.! Now your onto Perry. We'll see! Perhaps he should have just stayed at UM and finished what he started,,,, Kyle Trask style. Local kid or not!

At least maybe there won't be 3 different offensive coaches (HC being one) telling Tronti and the others to do 3 differnt things this year!
Posted On: May 1st 2021, 8:20 PM #401962

I’m with Stoupid. And I’m more stoupid for even responding to this post. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Bucs1 said

Posted On: May 1st 2021, 8:20 PM #401962

Between the grammar, spelling, and pap and drivel "points" quite possibly the worst post of the year, so far - and that's saying something.

:Poo:  :Poo:  :Poo:
Back to the top

Picking up Perry is a good move. I was surprised that it didn’t get any coverage on ESPN and other sports sites. For the first 24 hours after the news broke of Perry coming here I kept checking but the news was nowhere on espn.com. It wasn’t even news on the college football section. 

The problem Perry will have is that if the receiver core doesn’t get significantly better he’s going to have to make a ton of perfect throws just to move the ball.

Perry might have the same problem I think Robison would’ve had in 2020. Even if Robison was back, the receivers still weren’t that explosive and not dangerous after the catch. 

The receivers have to step up or else Perry will have to make clutch throws every drive. 
Back to the top

Honestly I don’t think our problem was WR. I saw the WRs get open on their own plenty of times and either Tronti or Posey just flat out missed the read. Between TJ Chase, Wester and a healthy John Mitchell, I think we’re in good hands 
Back to the top

And we have rb's with hands. WR was not and is not a problem.
Back to the top

The receivers got open last year a little bit. But the mark of a great receiver is that he’s wide open just about every play. 

What I saw in 2020 was receivers like the transfers barely creating separation. Chase and others were open a lot of plays on routes to the sideline. But the receivers weren’t open enough to make a difference and be a threat.  All they were open enough for was catching the ball but without any yards after catch. I think Robison would’ve faced these same challenges if he was here in 2020.

What you need to do when your receivers aren’t creating separation is you need to make perfect throws and convert a lot of third down conversions on long sustained drives. 
Back to the top

If good WRs are wide open on every play wouldn’t teams with good WRs score like 100 points every game?

I saw QBs who threw a lot of poor balls.  Sometimes it was because of separation, sometimes it was because of either a great rush or poor blocking, but often it appeared to me to be more a lack of arm strength (something CR would have not had a problem with) or a lack of really knowing the play (maybe from a new offense that CR could have had issues with) or the QBs not willing to progress through their reads (something CR excelled at).

In Posey’s case, he was a 1 to maybe 2 read guy and then he tucked it and ran.  Given how young he was and how good of a runner he is, that was often a good thing.

I would expect Perry being a more seasoned QB who has a pretty decent arm being the significant front-runner for who I’d put out there against UF. 
Back to the top

A great receiver will be wide open every play. That makes things easier on the rest of the offense because he’ll get double teamed. 

I’ve seen a lot of football. So Andre Johnson wasn’t open every play at Miami? Is that what you’re implying?
Back to the top
Control functions: