Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Duke WR Aaron Young Transfers to FAU Football

Add topic

Duke WR Aaron Young Transfers to FAU Football

Young is a former 3* prospect who signed with Duke in 2016 and was awarded an .8529 composite score by analysts with 247 Sports. He entered the transfer portal on January 8th, 2020.

Young amassed 29 catches for 367 yards and 3TD in 2019 for the Blue Devils.

UPDATED LIST: 2020 FAU Football Commit List - FAU Owl's Nest
Back to the top

More added depth to the receiver position!

Young was on campus early in January when FAU hosted other transfers Malcom Lamar and D'Marcus Adams.

FAU is working to get Young into classes to get him eligible for the spring.
Back to the top

This offense could be fun with all the big body receivers we are getting.
Back to the top

A lot of competition. . A couple returning.  A couple veteran thru the portal. And a couple real nice athletic true freshman. This staff is building a team for long term. I'm impressed. Love the emphasis on the lines.  
Back to the top

Saw on another board that Clemson 4 star WR grad transfer T.J Chase was expected to come to FAU. Does this mean we are going with Young instead? I was hoping we could get Chase.
Back to the top

owl said

Saw on another board that Clemson 4 star WR grad transfer T.J Chase was expected to come to FAU. Does this mean we are going with Young instead? I was hoping we could get Chase.
Posted On: Jan 28th 2020, 7:35 PM #393794

Bring 'em on!!! And also still a chance we add 4* WR who decommitted from FSU - go get 'em Coach T and staff!
Back to the top

I saw on his twitter that Cameron Wynn is at a JUCO school right now, Northwest Mississippi Community College. That really upset me. It seems like Marshall gets all their kids to qualify. I really hope that some of these kids with grades issues make it onto campus.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I saw on his twitter that Cameron Wynn is at a JUCO school right now, Northwest Mississippi Community College. That really upset me. It seems like Marshall gets all their kids to qualify. I really hope that some of these kids with grades issues make it onto campus.
Posted On: Jan 29th 2020, 10:35 AM #393800
It stinks to see some of the kids slip through the cracks, but the team just had three starters sit out a bowl game because of academic issues.  You don't want that egg on your face if you know that there is a problem before a student athlete gets onto campus.  Unfortunately a few students can bring down the APR, so its a delicate balance.

I have personally been a student athlete on a team where the APR single handily has ruined a program.  It's not a pretty sight.   
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

owl said

Bring 'em on!!! And also still a chance we add 4* WR who decommitted from FSU - go get 'em Coach T and staff!
Posted On: Jan 29th 2020, 7:26 AM #393799
The problem is we have a big need for experience on the defensive line right now and taking transfers is expensive since we are using one of the valuable 25 scholarships per year on most likely a 1or 2 year player. Over time that compromises depth which Kiffin has already been doing. I’d rather we take in a solid grad transfer at DL (like maybe the Miami transfer Patchan) then too many wide receivers.

For all Kiffin did right on this team he left a big hole on defense that will be very tough to overcome next season.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Posted On: Jan 29th 2020, 10:35 AM #393800

owl said

GeorgiaOwl said

owl said

Posted On: Jan 29th 2020, 7:26 AM #393799
The problem is we have a big need for experience on the defensive line right now and taking transfers is expensive since we are using one of the valuable 25 scholarships per year on most likely a 1or 2 year player. Over time that compromises depth which Kiffin has already been doing. I’d rather we take in a solid grad transfer at DL (like maybe the Miami transfer Patchan) then too many wide receivers.

For all Kiffin did right on this team he left a big hole on defense that will be very tough to overcome next season.
Posted On: Jan 29th 2020, 11:38 AM #393806

Marshall has different admissions standards than we do though….
Back to the top
Control functions: