Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Class of 2019 Recruiting Discussion

Add topic

Yup plus our class is a lot smaller than most of the others ahead of us. If we pick up 2-3 more players we should be back to the top
Back to the top

Kahlil and Cam Overton twin WR have both have both committed to Western Illinois.

I will say they are both very much in play for FAU. This could be a numbers game with some other WR's in play for FAU.

Next few days will be crazy.
Back to the top

Western Illinois…

Who??

LOL
Back to the top

Rick said

Western Illinois…

Who??

LOL
Posted On: Feb 2nd 2019, 7:55 PM #384956

FCS again!
Back to the top

Yeah I think we are running out of spots for everyone. We're up to 19 commits and tons of players who are leaning FAU. We could easily end up with 25+ players in our class
Back to the top

Commits and signed LOIs are two different things.  Generally speaking, the public takes a kid who puts on his social media that he has committed as a done deal, but as Shane has pointed out that is not always the case.  I am not saying FAU doesn't have 20+ guys in the fold, but we won't really know until actual signing day when paperwork actually rolls in
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Commits and signed LOIs are two different things.  Generally speaking, the public takes a kid who puts on his social media that he has committed as a done deal, but as Shane has pointed out that is not always the case.  I am not saying FAU doesn't have 20+ guys in the fold, but we won't really know until actual signing day when paperwork actually rolls in
Posted On: Feb 2nd 2019, 10:24 PM #384959

Correct.

FAU will most likely take 26-27 this cycle depending if Lane wants to keep spots open with transfers.

We have some major players in play right now, but you never put all those chips in one basket in case they move on elsewhere.

Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

For those that missed it Marlon Bradley out of Deltona committed this week per multiple sources.

He chose FAU because he will be given a chance to walk on the basketball team.
Posted On: Feb 3rd 2019, 9:22 AM #384960

It'll be interesting to see how the Marlon stuff works. College basketball allows for preferred walk-ons so, hypothetically, he could play for hoops as a walk-on and not count towards their scholarships while still having his football scholarship. Or he could pursue it as a traditional walk-on. But if he's being open about potentially both careers, then he most likely got a tentative approval from either Lane Kiffin or a high-ranking assistant.

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

We had about 3 of our prospects choose a FCS school over us. I think we're probably rescinding offers because we're running out of scollis. It looks like we at least have a dozen highly ranked players who are considering us.

Brian Merritt says we're in his top 2.
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

Kahlil and Cam Overton twin WR have both have both committed to Western Illinois.

I will say they are both very much in play for FAU. This could be a numbers game with some other WR's in play for FAU.

Next few days will be crazy.
Posted On: Feb 2nd 2019, 7:52 PM #384955

Would love to have them in Boca strictly for the memes.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top
Control functions: