Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Football Class of 2018 General Discussion

Add topic

walty12 said

dusky256fc said

It’s been 1 year and we are supposed to get top 25 south Florida?  In 2016 two top 50 in Florida went to non P5 schools, TOP 50!  I love drinkin the Kool aid as much as the next guy but c’mon man let’s be a bit realistic.

Posted On: Feb 5th 2018, 9:49 PM #376927

I’m talking the top 25 for each county.  So, top 75 recruits in S FLA.  

Yes, I believe they should be considering us and we sign 5-7 per year out of this group.
Posted On: Feb 5th 2018, 9:53 PM #376928

Gotch, I didn’t read it that way.

I still think we need a few more good years before we can more consistently get the guys going to mid and lower tier P5 schools.  I think the players feel they have a better chance getting to the next level playing at any P5 over a G5.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

"He also had to change positions at Rutgers"

WHAT position change??? He was a WR/KR at St. Thomas and is the same at Rutgers! I guess you must mean in baseball huh?

And I sure hope Coach M has no problem with a two sport guy who made ALL BIG10 in baseball as a true Freshman. I don't think FAU can be that picky personally in ANY sport. But if he does that is up to him of course.

Is there a reason you have to attack basically everyone on this board???
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

"He also had to change positions at Rutgers"

WHAT position change??? He was a WR/KR at St. Thomas and is the same at Rutgers! I guess you must mean in baseball huh?

And I sure hope Coach M has no problem with a two sport guy who made ALL BIG10 in baseball as a true Freshman. I don't think FAU can be that picky personally in ANY sport. But if he does that is up to him of course.

Is there a reason you have to attack basically everyone on this board???

Posted On: Feb 6th 2018, 8:22 PM #376960

No! I know what I mean.
I never guess.

They moved him to safety.
Coach M might want kids 100 percent commited to baseball who knows. I know when I went to school baseball players couldn’t even join fraternities, so maybe another sport is off limits. 
I see coach M at FAU events all the time and he is the nicest most approachable person at FAU, so when I see him next I will ask. I have many conversations with him how baseball recruiting works.
I am not attacking you, but you make crazy assumptions without simply looking it up. 

Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

So let him play baseball too - what is the real problem there - we HAVE a good baseball team and seriuos injury is NOT a huge risk in baseball!!!!! We lost an ALL AAC WR/KR because he wanted to play (AND DOES!) baseball too - for Rutgers!!!!!!!
Posted On: Feb 6th 2018, 3:10 PM #376945

Not a huge risk of injury in baseball, but you are only thinking about the benefit to football. There is a big risk to injury in football. There in lies the problem why baseball may not want it. They can lose a player because of a different sport. Coaches hate multi sport players because their players cannot commit full time to their sport and they can lose that player because of an injury in another sport. Not an ideal situation. If it's Bo Jackson, then maybe, but there are not many Bo Jackson's out there IMO. Actually there is only one Bo Jackson.
Back to the top

+1

Two words:

Avery Holley.

Never really worked out…granted it was MBB & Football, but still.

Howard said no mas after the shoulder injury and T Rex was off to look for another point.
Back to the top

David Slavic said

Cardarius Gaskin, at 117 is the first one I saw that was offered by G5 school - Kent State and FAU. He's a 3* WR, and we have 11 WR's on the roster. He still has offers from several P5 schools.
Posted On: Feb 6th 2018, 10:00 AM #376936

FIU
Back to the top

fauowl said

GeorgiaOwl said

So let him play baseball too - what is the real problem there - we HAVE a good baseball team and seriuos injury is NOT a huge risk in baseball!!!!! We lost an ALL AAC WR/KR because he wanted to play (AND DOES!) baseball too - for Rutgers!!!!!!!
Posted On: Feb 6th 2018, 3:10 PM #376945

Not a huge risk of injury in baseball, but you are only thinking about the benefit to football. There is a big risk to injury in football. There in lies the problem why baseball may not want it. They can lose a player because of a different sport. Coaches hate multi sport players because their players cannot commit full time to their sport and they can lose that player because of an injury in another sport. Not an ideal situation. If it's Bo Jackson, then maybe, but there are not many Bo Jackson's out there IMO. Actually there is only one Bo Jackson.
Posted On: Feb 6th 2018, 9:42 PM #376965

That's a good point - Coach Mac might have said no to him, not Kiffin saying no to him.
Back to the top
Control functions: