Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Football Class of 2021 Early & National Signing Day Periods Thread

Add topic

With this class, plus the early enrollees, Coach Taggart sure is excited for Spring ball to get underway.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I didn't get too many looks at atlantic this year, but I have a guy there that has only good things to say about JH  and JM . Typical Delray kids. They run and they hit. Our history with atlantic has been scetchy.  These two need to study and do the right thing. Maybe we can start a run with the eagles staff. Fingers crossed.
Posted On: Feb 3rd 2021, 10:44 AM #400381

I can definitely say things at Atlantic are on good terms, and we got a great pair of defensive backs.

Hill is a big strong in the box guy and McClendon is a ball hawk.

Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

With this class, plus the early enrollees, Coach Taggart sure is excited for Spring ball to get underway.

Posted On: Feb 3rd 2021, 11:48 AM #400382

What’s the start date for spring ball and will we have a spring game open to fans? Also, where can we get the audio to Coach’s presser? Would love to hear this thoughts
Back to the top

I have been asked about Hester and Eaford a few times today, so here is what I know.

Both are still the boat and are expected to be be Owls.

Teams have till August 1st to officially sign players, it gives staffs extra time to wait and see if some kids have all the I's dotted and T's crossed.

I am still very confident they will be at camp come August.
Back to the top

I know that atlantic is thrilled with taggart and the staff. I hope this relationship works out for everybody, for a long time
Back to the top

On paper, I like this class a lot. I definitely want to see Hester land here but between Edrine, Mobley, Kobe Stewart, Pasley, and MJJr., I’m really excited about the offensive playmakers. And I know that Coach Norrid did a great job with the offensive line prospects yet again. 

They need Edrine or Stewart to stand out from day one in spring ball. I can’t do another year of inconsistent WR play. Hopefully MJJR and his dad (and Taggart) have something cooking at QB. At this point, my gut tells me one of the fortunate sons will be starting at QB against UF.

I’m sure some people will focus on the overall class rating both in CUSA and nationwide. Everything considered, I — the pessimist — am excited. 

(Although, I will add that some recent coaching moves have helped my excitement. 🙂)

🦉🦉 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Who cares about the 247 class rankings, we have the most prolific transfers coming to FAU out of all of the CUSA schools and WILLIE ISNT EVEN DONE YET! Our high school guys are solid. Also UNT and UTSA couldn't even field a competent defense if they tried, I'll take a FL guy straight out of High School instead of the guys they got in Texas.

GO OWLS
Back to the top

Whatever happened to Latarious Magee (the king of Boca) and Mason Starling? Did we have to retract their offer? Did they ever even receive one from us? Anyone know the deal?
Back to the top

Big Lerm said

Whatever happened to Latarious Magee (the king of Boca) and Mason Starling? Did we have to retract their offer? Did they ever even receive one from us? Anyone know the deal?
Posted On: Feb 4th 2021, 3:36 AM #400405

3* Safety Jatavious Magee Commits to FAU Football's Class of 2021 - FAU Owl's Nest

3* WR Mason Starling Commits to FAU Football's Class of 2021 - FAU Owl's Nest
Back to the top

THE WILLIE WAGON said

Who cares about the 247 class rankings, we have the most prolific transfers coming to FAU out of all of the CUSA schools and WILLIE ISNT EVEN DONE YET! Our high school guys are solid. Also UNT and UTSA couldn't even field a competent defense if they tried, I'll take a FL guy straight out of High School instead of the guys they got in Texas.

GO OWLS
Posted On: Feb 4th 2021, 12:28 AM #400403

Also, given the size of this class, a drop in rankings had to be expected. Obviously when you have 20+ kids coming in as opposed to 17 or 18 or whatever we had, it’s going to show on paper that the school with 20+ commits has a higher ranking. We definitely have a more quality class though 
Back to the top
Control functions: