Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU lands a pair of LBs from Arizona

Add topic

Re: FAU lands a pair of LBs from Arizona

Think about it this way: This time last year Pelini & Co. were on their second day recruiting. Everything we have now is a bonus.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

big said

Why would you be excited about Johnson? No offers out of high school and no other D-1 offers as of now. Is it because of his highlights video? I'm not sold on him as a qb, 5'11 or 6' at the most and heavy. Worried about all the 2 star recruits thinking FAU should have more 3 star recruits and excited about an unranked qb. Hope he contributes more than German, he didn't even last on scout.

You really do have some vendetta against new QBs. I don't get it.
 You have to look at this way our season next could be great if we get the right qb or we could be 2-10 and I think a lot of people on this forum do t get why we chose this kid from Mississippi who is not highly recruited then we pull an offer from a 4 star. Our coaches better know something we do not because many feel we chose the wrong kid.
Back to the top

big said

Why would you be excited about Johnson? No offers out of high school and no other D-1 offers as of now. Is it because of his highlights video? I'm not sold on him as a qb, 5'11 or 6' at the most and heavy. Worried about all the 2 star recruits thinking FAU should have more 3 star recruits and excited about an unranked qb. Hope he contributes more than German, he didn't even last on scout.

QB is arguably the most important position in sports today. It's easy to get excited to see how things will turn out. If the coaching staff pulled their offer away from Ferguson when Quez committed then he better play well. So yes, I'm excited to see how that works out because German can't pass a class to save his life it seems like and Curtis and Bracewell shouldn't see any time at all. We need to keep the guys from the last regime on the bench as much as possible because that's where they belong. You don't go 1-11 with no accountability and start to see playing time.
Back to the top

I have no vendetta! Not gonna get excited over a jc qb that hasn't really raised his stock much. Never got my hopes up over German cause video is video and jr college is jr college. German from the time he stepped on the field hasn't cut it! Talk to the players and they will tell you. As bad as people think our qbs have been, they are better than what is being recruited now. Why would you even say that just because your from the old regimen you should sit the bench and not play, you would of not had a qb this year if that we're the case. I really liked the ferguson kid over Johnson.
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Here we go again with the stars garbage

Yep. Stars sell subscriptions.  Granted, many kids deserve their ranking but many kids go from zero to three stars or three to four, etc based on the schools that are legitimately recruiting them.

It's a crap shoot.  This years freshmen all American team is split 50/50  between 2/3 star kids and 4/5 stars.
Back to the top

SigEp77 said

Jab979 said

Here we go again with the stars garbage

Yep. Stars sell subscriptions.  Granted, many kids deserve their ranking but many kids go from zero to three stars or three to four, etc based on the schools that are legitimately recruiting them.

It's a crap shoot.  This years freshmen all American team is split 50/50  between 2/3 star kids and 4/5 stars.

That is an interesting little tidbit of information to know!

Back to the top

Thats a tough speculation, remember that most 4 and 5 star kids go to big time programs where you usually dont see playing time as a true freshman.  Kind of hard to make the All-American freshman team without playing.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Thats a tough speculation, remember that most 4 and 5 star kids go to big time programs where you usually dont see playing time as a true freshman.  Kind of hard to make the All-American freshman team without playing.

What is speculation?
Back to the top

SigEp77 said

walty12 said

What is speculation?

You are speculating that because of that stat that 2/3 star kids are just as talented as 4/5 star kids.  I am saying, I think your speculation is flawed…and it is.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Your statement doesn't make sense either, because you are basically stating that 2-3 star kids are playing as freshman more the 4-5 star players are sitting at the big schools.
Back to the top
Control functions: