Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

JUCO QB Prospect Melvin German

Add topic

Re: JUCO QB prospect

Coach said

Not sure if I'm a fan of QBs with academic issues. Other positions maybe, QB not so much.
Every site you look at lists a different height.
Vince Young & Cam Newton both had academic issues.  If you count HS and wonderlic so did Tebow….I think their schools were ok with them. ;)
Back to the top

mh2os said

Coach said

Not sure if I'm a fan of QBs with academic issues. Other positions maybe, QB not so much.
Vince Young & Cam Newton both had academic issues.  If you count HS and wonderlic so did Tebow….I think their schools were ok with them. ;)

Agreed. Troy Smith, John David Booty, Dan Marino, Chris Leak and Oscar Davenport all had awful Wonderlic scores, but still managed successful collegiate careers.

I think it has to do more with attitude and how much the individual wants to succeed.
Back to the top

Read the receiver, D and throw quick and accurate - if he can do that well as long as he stays eligible and graduates!
Back to the top

mh2os said

Coach said

Lets not compare this kid to maybe the 3 most athletic QBs of our generation.
Are you telling me Tebow struggled in High School? I guess his mom must have been a tough grader since he was home schooled.
Wonderlic is as much about knowing how to take the test as it is intelligence. Questions range from rediculously easy to fairly tough. Since it's a timed test some technique is required. You can score well if you run through and answer the quick easy ones. If you waste a bunch of time with an early tough one you can blow all your time. I doubt that most people even attempt all 50 questions before time runs out.
Back to the top

Coach said

mh2os said

Coach said

Are you telling me Tebow struggled in High School? I guess his mom must have been a tough grader since he was home schooled.
Wonderlic is as much about knowing how to take the test as it is intelligence. Questions range from rediculously easy to fairly tough. Since it's a timed test some technique is required. You can score well if you run through and answer the quick easy ones. If you waste a bunch of time with an early tough one you can blow all your time. I doubt that most people even attempt all 50 questions before time runs out.

NJCAA | Colleges | Pearl River Community College | Football | Melvin German

He passed for 21 TD and over 3000 yards (thats over 300 yrds a game :o )…

And he rushed for 6 TD.

Sounds like he has QB figured out…
Back to the top

mckeon said

Coach said

mh2os said

Coach said

NJCAA | Colleges | Pearl River Community College | Football | Melvin German

He passed for 21 TD and over 3000 yards (thats over 300 yrds a game :o )…

And he rushed for 6 TD.

Sounds like he has QB figured out…
The completion % looks solid.
However the 21/17 td/int ratio and 2 yd/carry doesn't wow me.
Back to the top

I do realize that Tebow was homeschooled, but that doesn't mean he didn't have some struggles or every homeschooled kid would have a 4.0 going to college.

He's a great local kid with a very nice family ;).
Back to the top

Re: JUCO QB Prospect Melvin German

Rivals reports German has committed!

Back to the top

Rick said

Rivals reports German has committed!

HO-LEE

SH-

Have you seen this guy? We've got our quarterback!

Back to the top

Its a great situation, weve got our starter in the fall! This is massive.

Flessner, Kane, Curtis can all learn from a guy that was a second team all american 3000 yard passer in his freshman year…wow.
Back to the top
Control functions: