Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

More Low to No Star Offers for the Owls...

Add topic

Re: More Low to No Star Offers for the Owls...

No offense but who cares if they are on sucessful high school football teams?  I was on a sucessful high school football team and I couldn't sniff FAU football.

If anything they should be looking for players that were overlooked at smaller highschool programs with less publicity.  Kids that have athleticism and just need to be coached and led.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

No offense but who cares if they are on sucessful high school football teams?  I was on a sucessful high school football team and I couldn't sniff FAU football.

If anything they should be looking for players that were overlooked at smaller highschool programs with less publicity.  Kids that have athleticism and just need to be coached and led.
You are dead wrong while you can find players at smaller schools with good talent but you need to listen to Urban Myer talk about how important it is to get the kids who come from strong winning programs. He has sia kids who come from strong high school programs have winning in their blood they have been taught how to win. Big schools in the state like the St Thomas, Armwood Miami Central also have have better coach wight training programs it is a little less then a learning curve
Another reason it so imprant to get kids from the big high programs is it could lead to way more recruits from that school. Look at Miramar High school they have kids go to WV every year who are some of WV best players. When schools produce D-1 players every year you dont think that the the kids at WV right are not talking to the kids who are thinking about where they will go to school next year.
It would be great if Andre Kirk and Diondre Lewis the Miami central kids we got last year weren talking to some of the seniors telling them how much they love playing or FAU.
Back to the top

Rick said

FAU said

If people are literally going to try and point out the fact that we are going after the same 'diamonds in the rough' as the previous staff, you are wrong…

Please read the original post again:

"…the philosophy seems to be partially the same."

(23% partial)

That was the point.

;)

On a side note, where are you coming up with 25+ players? We graduated 17…….

We have five verbals…of course the new staff has to agree to honor them, if the prospects stick - which some will.

Its pretty conceivable that 8 or more scholarships will be freed up
Back to the top

Rick said

FAU said

If people are literally going to try and point out the fact that we are going after the same 'diamonds in the rough' as the previous staff, you are wrong…

Please read the original post again:

"…the philosophy seems to be partially the same."

(23% partial)

That was the point.

;)

On a side note, where are you coming up with 25+ players? We graduated 17…….

We have five verbals…of course the new staff has to agree to honor them, if the prospects stick - which some will.

Ahhh I see what your saying.

We did graduate 17, but I'm anticipating some changes to the roster. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the QBs bolted and CP cleans out some players out who don't fit his image and goals. You also have to expect the regular transfers like Jamal Davis.
Back to the top

Any of the guys that are afraid of work should probably start thinking about transfers as well. We ended up with a culture of complacency these last two years and you could see it in the players, but I don't think it'll be like that much more going forward.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Any of the guys that are afraid of work should probably start thinking about transfers as well. We ended up with a culture of complacency these last two years and you could see it in the players, but I don't think it'll be like that much more going forward.
+1
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

walty12 said

You are dead wrong while you can find players at smaller schools with good talent but you need to listen to Urban Myer talk about how important it is to get the kids who come from strong winning programs. He has sia kids who come from strong high school programs have winning in their blood they have been taught how to win. Big schools in the state like the St Thomas, Armwood Miami Central also have have better coach wight training programs it is a little less then a learning curve
Another reason it so imprant to get kids from the big high programs is it could lead to way more recruits from that school. Look at Miramar High school they have kids go to WV every year who are some of WV best players. When schools produce D-1 players every year you dont think that the the kids at WV right are not talking to the kids who are thinking about where they will go to school next year.
It would be great if Andre Kirk and Diondre Lewis the Miami central kids we got last year weren talking to some of the seniors telling them how much they love playing or FAU.

Those high schools recruit down in Florida, of course they have D-I talent.  "Winning in thier blood"?  Makes sense.  The kids at the schools that dont recruit and dont have great weight rooms have losing in thier blood.  I agree.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I agree that we should go after kids from winning programs. That was Jarvis did and it seems to be working out well for him. I think things work different at winning programs. Kids work harder because they know there's a reward. If you always lose then why put in the extra work to get better or bigger. Winning programs have a certain attitude towards work ethic and what it takes to be a winner.
Back to the top

SOME kids at winning programs are also divas as well, as they have been told how great they are for years, it's double edged sword.

How did all of those Miami Northwestern kids work out at UM?
Back to the top

SigEp77 said

SOME kids at winning programs are also divas as well, as they have been told how great they are for years, it's double edged sword.

How did all of those Miami Northwestern kids work out at UM?

Under Shannon? Not so well..under Golden? MUCH better, even in just 1 year.
Back to the top
Control functions: