Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Nationally Ranked #2 JUCO WR Nero Nelson Commits to FAU's Class of 2018

Add topic

Apparently has left the program. I'm guessing for folks who have been around the team recently, this may not come as a shock.
Back to the top

d-owl said

Apparently has left the program. I'm guessing for folks who have been around the team recently, this may not come as a shock.
Posted On: Jul 16th 2018, 11:33 AM #379091

Sorry to hear, but why is this not a shock? What have been the issues in a month here???
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

d-owl said

Posted On: Jul 16th 2018, 11:33 AM #379091

Sorry to hear, but why is this not a shock? What have been the issues in a month here???
Posted On: Jul 16th 2018, 12:04 PM #379093

From all accounts he was putting out some very telling tweets. Sounds like he wasn't happy here, but it's
speculation.  
Back to the top

WOW, VERY QUIK EXIT, that OBVIOUS HE WAS NOT GETTING HANDED THE JOB?
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

WOW, VERY QUIK EXIT, that OBVIOUS HE WAS NOT GETTING HANDED THE JOB?
Posted On: Jul 16th 2018, 2:46 PM #379098

My guess (I have no inside knowledge whatsoever haha) is you are right. He may have not been where he wanted to be on the depth chart. You just never know with JUCOs, some work out, some don't. Unfortunately this is a kid with crazy talent, but you still have to show and prove. Luckily we are fine at the WR spot.
Back to the top

That's not good. We lost 2 productive WR in Solomon and Woods. We can use all the help we could get.

Whats the deal with Jordan Merrell? Still injured?
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

That's not good. We lost 2 productive WR in Solomon and Woods. We can use all the help we could get.

Whats the deal with Jordan Merrell? Still injured?
Posted On: Jul 16th 2018, 3:06 PM #379100
Was wondering about him, no idea. However, with Wright, Durante, McNeal, Holmes, Harrison and Mitchell, we have depth there. Not too worried about the WRs honestly. 
Back to the top

d-owl said

Was wondering about him, no idea. However, with Wright, Durante, McNeal, Holmes, Harrison and Mitchell, we have depth there. Not too worried about the WRs honestly. 
Posted On: Jul 16th 2018, 3:46 PM #379101

Wright is a proven commodity to us.

The others have talent and need to show it in an FAU uniform this year.

It's be great for McNeal, Durante and Holmes to step up this season and give us an incredible passing game to take some pressure off Singletary.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

d-owl said

Posted On: Jul 16th 2018, 3:46 PM #379101
Wright is a proven commodity to us.

The others have talent and need to show it in an FAU uniform this year.

It's be great for McNeal, Durante and Holmes to step up this season and give us an incredible passing game to take some pressure off Singletary.
Posted On: Jul 17th 2018, 9:35 AM #379105
Agreed, but I feel good about who we have there. McNeal was arguably our best receiver with Parr in there. He just never seemed to get on the same page as Driskel, which is fine. Another year in the system should serve him well. Durante already performed on a much bigger stage at WVU and from all accounts should kill it out there. Who knows how much Nelson was going to be able to contribute here. I'm fine with the WRs, the key to me really is who is going to be tasked with throwing the ball to them.
Back to the top

No loss here folks…guy was a liability, IMHO. Another "Duron Carter type" in waiting, but more volatile…

Jake Elman with the goods:

Florida Atlantic wide receiver Nero Nelson no longer with program after signing with team in December | FAU Focus

Back to the top
Control functions: