Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Owls Land Pledges from JonDarius Gardner & Demarcus Glover for 2013 Class

Add topic

Re: Owls Land Pledges from JonDarius Gardner & Demarcus Glover for 2013 Class

Who cares what star rating they are? Look at the offers a kid has.

Star rating is the decision made by some guy at a computer who watches a few games and might know nothing about football.

Offers are made by the actual coaches…. so I think I'd put a lot more stock in that.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

We aren't getting a 5* recruit for 20 years, don't get your hopes up.

And I think our little sisters to the south have only gotten one 4* with all of their superieor recruiting skills and he's not eligible to play, go figure, Pooh Bear just didn't have it together.
Back to the top

How about we let them play out their senior yrs before we start talking about stars
Back to the top

Just look back at Rob Housler  and his "demand" by D-1 teams. Only us. Now he's in the pros.
Back to the top

A few "diamonds in the rough' are nice but some studs would be nice too. Any of our commits switch to Auburn or Bama they go to 3 MINIMUM INSTANTLY and probably even four!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

A few "diamonds i the rough' are nice but some studs would be too.Anyf our commits switch to Auburn or Bama they go to 3 MINIMUM INSTANTLY and probably even four!

Ok, so then what's the difference? Does he instantly become a stud and a superstar because he got an offer from UF and decided to go there rather than FAU?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

GeorgiaOwl said

A few "diamonds i the rough' are nice but some studs would be too.Anyf our commits switch to Auburn or Bama they go to 3 MINIMUM INSTANTLY and probably even four!

Ok, so then what's the difference? Does he instantly become a stud and a superstar because he got an offer from UF and decided to go there rather than FAU?

Good point, but to me it means we need to go after guys ALREADY being recruited by BigSix programs. "Football in Paradise" should be very appealing to a legit 3-star from Nebraska or Ohio or Michigan, and as the BigSix northern schools keep getting "southern" elite athletes to go up there that means LESS schollys left for the local kids. Four or five years in Boca over say Champaign, IL!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Jab979 said

GeorgiaOwl said

Good point, but to me it means we need to go after guys ALREADY being recruited by BigSix programs. "Football in Paradise" should be very appealing to a legit 3-star from Nebraska or Ohio or Michigan, and as the BigSix northern schools keep getting "southern" elite athletes to go up there that means LESS schollys left for the local kids. Four or five years in Boca over say Champaign, IL!
With all the respect, I think football in paradise is not better of a tool than playing at Ohio, Michigan, Nebraska…etc.
These schools offer great facilities, great TV exposure, the best in training, excellent education and a household name FAU can't offer yet.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Jab979 said

GeorgiaOwl said

Wanna know what's more appealing than Football in Paradise? Winning! lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Local said

Just look back at Rob Housler  and his "demand" by D-1 teams. Only us. Now he's in the pros.

Awesome, but "diamonds in the rough" don't make great football teams.

We currently have 4 guys in the NFL, but look at some other schools…

Abilene Christian - 5
Appalachian State- 8
ECU- 9
FIU - 4
Fresno State - 15
Grand Valley State - 4
Hampton - 5
Kent State - 7
Maine - 5
UMASS- 6
Memphis - 8
Montana - 9