Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Photos: FAU Summer Camp July 22

Add topic

American Heritage 2016 defensive end Brian Burns was a surprise visitor Tuesday. Burns - who already holds offers from Clemson, UCF and Duke - said he has only been to one camp this summer, and that was FAU on Tuesday. Roc Bellantoni and Roger Harriott are leading the Owls’ recruiting efforts.
Back to the top

There was roughly 250 high schoolers on hand, but it was local tight endAndrew Owers who probably got the most attention from the coaching staff. Tight end remains a question mark for the Fab15, and Owers is in the fold.
Back to the top

Tight end coach Chris Hurd pulled Owers aside for 15 minutes at the conclusion of the camp to talk. Owers said the Owls haven’t offered, but there is some mutual interest. I would say he’s a Bucknell lean for now, but he recently camped at Kentucky.
Back to the top

Director of player personnel Jarred Allen even gave his pitch. Fun fact: Owers is being recruited by Kentucky’s D.J. Elliot… Elliot happens to be Allen’s brother-in-law.
Back to the top

Edrick Neal was by far the most physically impressive prospect at the camp. The 16-year-old lineman said he weighs 365 pounds, but holds no offers. I would have to think schools should start getting involved.
Back to the top

FIU wide receiver commit Austin Maloney worked out. I can’t see FAU making a run at him, but he was there.
Back to the top

FAU quarterback commit Daniel Parr was the man of the hour (and by that, I mean just an hour). He was on the sidelines for a little bit, before having to leave early for senior pictures. FAU coaches were just happy he was there.
Back to the top

Parr’s high school teammate Erik Hardnett was also at the camp. Hardnett (who plays linebacker and running back) has the talent, but a year of JUCO might be needed.
Back to the top

While Brian Burns (left) was the big man on campus, Dwayne Paddyfoot(right) also got some attention. Paddyfoot worked out at both defensive end and tight end. He’s got offers from App. State, Akron and Samford.
Back to the top

There wasn’t much going on at quarterback, but 2016er Blake Dever was throwing passes. Dever attends St. Thomas Aquinas, which we all know is a frequent recruiting stop for the Owls’ coaching staff.
Back to the top
Control functions: